#43: Rest of Your life

It was like my world went crashing down. It took me a while to even process what Colby had told me. Colby did promise that he'd be there for my concert and performance and sure right he was there. He stood way far in the back. I cleared my brain and as much as I was hurting I couldn't let this come between my career. When I looked out into the audience again, he had disappeared. That was the last time I saw my best friend.

                                Jake and the rest of the band performed amazing for my opening, my manager couldn't have chose a better band. After the concert I stood in my dressing room and as much as I didn't want to cry I did. Why was I so bad lucky with boys? First it was Jason and now Colby.

                Jakes face had appeared in my face that time when he were in the burger shop and how close he got. One thing I could say was Colby was right, I did love Jake more, and as much as I tried to run from the truth but it only got back to bottom. The bottom with Jake.

                I was still hurt that Colby broke up with me. Tears sprung from my eyes that concert night. I couldn't even enjoy the fun after. I just sat in my dressing room just looking at myself, and self reflecting who I really was. I was Tyler Feilds, a girl from Atlanta who moved to New York City with a passion to sing. On the longs there, she made friends, and a boy who she never ever stopped loving as much as she been terrorized for just doing so. Jake.

                A knocked startled me from my thoughts as I quickly wiped my tears, "Come in." My voice still had a trace that I was crying.

                The door opened and I looked back to see who it was. No other than Jake. I just stared at him analyzing him with my eyes. From the time I left Jake got even more sexy. He had packed on a whole lot of muscle, and his hair got darker tousled in different directions giving him that bad boy look. Jake had changed out of his performance clothes wearing just a wife beater and jeans. I couldn't keep my eyes from raping his body.

                "Take a picture it last longer." he teased making me blush and turn around. I turned around to hide. Jake walked closer to me closing in the space. I soon felt his hands placed on my shoulders causing a shock of electricity to run through my body. His hands left my shoulders as strolled and pressed his back against the wall that faced me.

                He just stood there staring at me with his hands folded. I didn't know what to say at all. He spoke up, "You didn't mean that text." his whole features changed and turned into complete softness, "I'm sorry that Colby broke up with you."

                I stared up at him tears springing from my eyes, "No I didn't mean it but do you know how much trouble I've gone through with you!"

                Jake ran his hand through his hair before replying, "I know I'm sorry."

                I sprung up my punching him on the chest as more tears fell, "You cheated on me with Amanda! " I said hitting him on the chest, "And you know how much I hurt over you, but as much as I wanted to get over you." I said hitting him hard one last time, "I still love you."

                Jake stared down at me as his hands pulled me in. I sobbed against his chest as he stroked my back, "I love you too." he said, "Matter fact through this all I love you even more than before and I don't want to loose you again."

                Jake let go off me and smiled at me. He wiped off my tears and whispered in my ears don't cry before saying, "I've know you for most of my life, and I swear the time with you has been amazing. You made me want to wake up in the morning just to see your beautiful face. I was so afraid to even touch you yet even admit my feelings for you because I didn't want to mess up our friendship, so I dated Amanda. Which was the worse mistake of my life, and I just get angry at myself because I've done so much shit to you that I'm surprised that you're still standing here before me telling me that you love me." Jake got on one knee causing my heartbeat to speed up. This was not happening. No I was dreaming. Wake up Tyler. You're dreaming Tyler, this isn't happening. You're dreaming this. I wasn't. This I believe was real, "What I'm trying to say is that I can't live without. I love you." Jake pulled out a ring case popping it open, "Tyler Asia Fields, will you spend the rest of your life with me?"