Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine
Vladimir Of Verish

For twelve long hours I've been listening to her cries and holding her delicate hand. She kept insuring me that she was alright, but that didn't stop my worries. It had only been five minutes when another round of contractions barreled through her. "Ray, this one the one! I can feel it," she said, panting. "I'm ready." It only took a matter of seconds for him to confirm what she already knew.

"Alright, your Majesties, are you ready to welcome your heir?"

"YES, PLEASE JUST GET THIS BABY OUT OF ME!" She screeched, straining and arching her body.

"Let's get started."

I gripped her hand to get her attention and as she looked at me I kissed her lips, nodding in encouragement. She smiled and followed Ray's instructions, grunting and groaning for another half an hour before the cries of our newborn child filled the room. Lucinda sighed and leaned back, sweat matting her forehead, and her eyes filled with tiresome wonder.

"It's...a boy!"

I shouted with joy as I gripped my love's hand. Ray placed our son on her chest and he immediately cuddled into the crook of her neck, his cries ceasing. She sighed and played with the strands of his dark hair, looking up at me and smiling. After of few bonding moments, they took him to get cleaned so that he'd be ready to feed when he came back.

"A name?" I asked her.

"When they bring him to me again, I'll know for sure," she said, gazing longingly at the door.

"I'm so proud of you, Lucy," I kissed her forehead and stroked her knuckles, looking deep into her eyes. We were parents now; we have a son. Ray came back in and gave our son to Lucy, smiling.

"I advise that you take 2 hours alone with your newest addition to get acquainted, so that he is most familiar with you two more than anyone." We nodded and she stroked our boys fine hairs. "Have you thought of a name?"

"Claus," she answered instantly. "His name is Claus." I felt tears well in my eyes as I kissed her forehead and looked down at him. This was the perfect way to honor my brother; to name my first born son after him. "If that's alright," she said, looking up at me.

"It's wonderful," I nodded, smiling. She beamed up at me before gazing down at our son in her arms. He let out a wail, his mouth opened as wide as he could get it.

"He's hungry," she smiled, pulling down on her hospital gown to reveal her left breast. I clenched my jaw and tried to keep my eyes on our son, but it proved to be somewhat difficult. It wasn't long before he was feeding rapidly, and passed out in Lucy's arms.

"He's so beautiful, Lucinda."

"Here," she said, holding him out to me. "Won't you take your son? Give my arms a rest."

As gingerly as I possibly could, I cradled his head and held him close to me. This tiny boy would be king one day. I smiled and kissed his forehead, causing him to stir slightly before settling down again. When I looked back up at my Mate she had fallen asleep in the bed, facing towards us; she must be extremely exhausted by now. I sighed and went back to gazing at our son, our future, and stroked his tiny cheek with my finger. "Your mommy and I love you so much, and I know that your uncle does too. That's who you're named after, you know? He gave his life so that your mother and her people would be safe. I spent much of my time catching a queen, but he cemented her safety, and your's as well. One day you'll have to catch your own queen, but that day is far off...I'll give you sound advice on how to do it though. Never stop believing that she is out there, and once you've found her, be patient; with her and with yourself. This life-any life-is never easy, but it is so worth it."

A/N//:
That's it, my loves!
The next story that I will be publishing is, "What Happens In Vegas" So stay tuned and hit that FOLLOW button for my updates!
Thank you all so much for your support over the years, it's really meant a lot to me!