Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty
Vladimir Of Verish

No doubt I knew what I said-what I did- was wrong, and when Lucinda didn't come to bed for the third night, I was starting to worry. I hadn't seen her since the incident and with each passing day, I regretted my words more. I was proud of her for standing up to me, but sickened with myself that she had to. She was right, we are supposed to be equal. Maybe I have judged Gareth, but Violet shouldn't be so trusting of him! She's been hurt so many times, I-

A knock at the door broke me from my thoughts. "Enter." I look up, expecting to see my mate, but the only person that opens the door is Violet.

"Hello, brother."

"What is it?"

She sighed and sat in the chair of the seating area, making herself comfortable. "You seem...to constantly be fucking up."

I scoffed. "You sound like a human."

"Are you not? You insult me and my Mate and you manage to undermine your's all within a span of thirty minutes."

I groaned, running my hands over my face. "Where has she been staying?"

She tisked, "Unfortunately, the Queen has sworn me to secrecy. Gareth is doing well, thanks for asking." I sighed and sat across from her, not commenting on what she clearly wanted to discuss. "Why are you acting like this?"

"Forgive me if I'm a little cautious because I can't bare to see my little sister with her heart that seems to constantly be breaking due to someone else! Whether you see it or not, I love you, Violet, and I don't care who the person or what the situation, I will always be cautious because I don't ever want to see you in such a state of sorrow. You may not have noticed, but it took a toll on Lucinda too." Violet gulped and that was the only sound that filled the silence before I spoke again. "I love you, and I can't see you hurt again."

"I know," she whispered. "But you haven't given me a chance to explain my side." I nodded for her to continue. "This feeling is different; much more intense than with Helena. I feel more attraction, more jealousy, more protective then I ever have before; that's how I know this is real. He's so..amazing, Vladimir. Please just speak with him, spend time with him." She stood and I followed. "She should be with Nadia for a fitting for the next hour, but you are not to see the dress."

"Would you tell her I desire to speak with her?" She nodded and left as I continued to ponder what I would say. I walked down the familiar hallway and to that blasted door, knocking. 

"Come in." 

I walked in and his eyes widened. "Gareth." 

Lucinda Of Celestials

"Sometimes I just want to wrap my fingers around his neck and shake!" I huffed and Nadia chuckled, shaking her head.