Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen
Lucinda Of Celestials

We woke up the next morning and Vladimir called to Nadia for a meeting about the Queen's Ball. As I sat in his office with him, sitting in his lap, I was not prepared for the tall, slender, coco brown, woman that Nadia was. She was beautiful and graceful and I found myself slightly envious. She wore a tan designer trench coat with black pumps defining her long legs. Her black hair was down in defined curls that reached the middle of her back, bouncing with every step. "Nadia," Vladimir acknowledged, nodding his head. I tried to get off his lap, but he tightened his hold around my stomach to prevent my escape.

"Your Majesties, it is a true honor to serve you." She bows and I feel myself slightly lift my chin, but I catch myself and lower it. Vladimir smiled and lifted it up with a brush of his fingers.

"The room is beautiful, we love it very much," he complimented.

My attitude immediately changed with this information. "You designed our bedroom?!"

She smiled. "Yes, my Queen."

"Nadia is an expert at all things designer," Vlad explained.

"You speak too highly of me, your Highness," she stood.

"Well, I need your help with my dress for the Queen's Ball." Her eyes widened and her mouth was left slightly agape. "I really want something that fits my style, but looks like what a queen would wear."

"I-I am so grateful for the opportunity, your Majesties. I will gather the finest colors and materials right away."

"Thank you, Nadia," Vladimir said, dismissing her. She closed the door on her way out and I turned to look at my Mate, smiling.

"I'm excited for what she will come up with for me. Even though a room and a dress are two very different things, I feel like it's going to be beautiful."

"If she brings you something you don't like, do not be afraid to tell her so. It lets her know what you approve of, the colors you prefer and such. It was trial and error with me as well."

"She designed your clothing?"

"Some of it." Silence stretched between us until he spoke again. "You have another session with Violet today."

My eyes lit up. "I do?!" He nodded and I squealed in excitement, hugging him. "I have to go change." He let me up and I ran to our room to get dressed.

Vladimir Of Verish

I smiled as she ran out of the office, her wings almost bursting out of her skin. They spent almost the rest of the night sparing each other on the mats of the training room and, as I watched, I could tell they brought the best out of each other. I was truly blessed with this woman.

As Lucinda was showering, Violet and I sat in the sitting area of the bedroom, eating. I looked up and found her staring at me. "What?"

"When are you going to tell her about the ceremony?"

"Tonight."

"What will she say?"

I paused. "I don't know."

"She loves you; I can see it in her eyes."

"Violet-"

"I'm not bitter," she interrupted. "I find it sweet."

"There is something I must tell you."

"Is it about the Ceremony?"

"What ceremony?" We turned to see Lucinda wrapped up in her fuzzy, white robe.