Chapter Five

Chapter FiveVladimir Of Verish

Chapter Five
Vladimir Of Verish

The following three days were spent in my Mate's room, drinking from a blood bag at meal times, and she still hasn't woken up. Needless to say, I was getting restless about her condition and Ray was no help whatsoever when it came to when she would finally awaken! He always said the same thing, "It's up to her."

I sighed and clasped her hand, kissing it. "Good morning, flower, It's me agin; I've been here since you were brought in. You're probably wondering why I haven't left yet, and the truth is that I want to be here when you wake up for the first time here." I tried to swallow the lump in my throat as I look up and out the window; it was snowing. "Do you like the snow, my dear? It really is very beautiful, but nothing compares to you," I whispered.

That's when her fingers twitched.

My head snapped down to her delicate hand enveloped in mine, her fingers slightly moving up and down. "That's it, my flower! You're doing it!" My cheeks stretched with my wide smile. "Come on, Mate, open your eyes for me," I pleaded, stroking her rose petal cheeks. "I've been waiting for so long to see you," I whispered.

She slightly groaned and lifted her other hand to her head. I looked up, making sure the curtains were closed, and dimmed the nights. She reached out for me, realizing that I was away. I took her hand and placed it against my cheek, breathing in her scent as I sat next to her on the bed. Ray opened the door and came in with a glass of water, setting it down on the nightstand, and moving away from us for privacy.

"I heard you talking to her, so I went to get some water in case today is the day." I nodded in thanks.

She groaned again before her long, black eyelashes fluttered open and I was greeted with her soft, grey eyes gazing into my red ones. I smiled, flashing my fangs and showing her how happy I was that she was finally awake. "Good morning, sleeping beauty," I chuckled. "Here, drink some water to moisten your throat." I put a hand behind her neck, lifting up to help her drink. "My name is Vladimir." I took away the cup and set it back down on the nightstand, her eyes on me the whole way.

"Mate," she whispered. I quite literally almost fell to the floor at the sound of her voice. Even though it was a little rough, most likely from...screaming, it was still the most beautiful thing to grace my ears.

"That's right," I smiled, breathing out a sigh of relief. "Could you hear me?" She nodded and gave me a tight-lipped smile. "This is Doctor Ray," I said, gesturing to him, taking my eyes off her for second. "He and Elsa have been working very hard to make you well again."

"Hello, your Majesty. If you do not feel like speaking today, don't worry about it, it's completely normal at this point. I'm just going to ask you a few 'yes' or 'no' questions to make things easy, alright?" She nodded and he smiled, clicking the end of his pen. "Do you have any sort of headache?" She shook her head. "Upset stomach?" She shook her head again. "Feeling faint?" She nodded. "That's completely normal," he assured, writing on his clipboard. She reached out her hand, making a writing motion and pointing to the paper. He handed it to her with a puzzling frown, quickly hiding it. She looked over the chart and, with a shakey hand, started writing in the name space.