Chapter Four

Chapter Four
Vladimir Of Verish

I looked at this woman and wondered what the catch was. She wouldn't just tell me where she was without wanting something in return. Would she?

I WANT TO BE FREE TOO

So she did want something, but we were already going to do that. I nodded and put my hand on my heart, swearing. She smiled and scattered the dirt again before writing where my Mate was being kept.

LOWEST LEVEL
THERES ONLY ONE CELL, IT'S HER'S

I nodded my thanks and she did her business as I looked away. I heard her running off, back towards Boras, and she was back inside. As the moon rose, so did we and our attack began. Warriors flew from the tree line to the farm as fast as they good, knocking down the doors to both entrances and flooding inside. As soon as I walked in, the scent of blood was strong and I cringed at the conditions of some of these people. There were shifters, both bear and wolf, elves, and humans, all being nearly drained of life. I spotted the girl from the woods, clenching onto a warriors arm in fright. We locked eyes and she gestured over towards the kitchen area.

I burst threw the doors and gasped at the amount of blood bags hanging all around. I looked for some kind of door and finally found one under the rolling island, the drop was steep and I was prepared to drop down and fight for her. Two warriors followed in after me and we went to work on the five guards stationed in front of her cell. Haggar broke off a piece of the wooden table that was there and stabbed in threw two men, while I decapitated one and the other took two legs from the table and impaled the other two guards. Now with them out of the way, I was finally able to gaze upon my Mate in the darkness. I hissed and ran to the cell door, ripping it off its hinges. Her brown hair was matted with sweat and blood, her frail arms were chained above her head, and her legs tucked under her as she sat. Her entire body was skin and bone, barely any flesh to be found! Her cheeks had sunk in and she looked almost dead.

"My Mate," I called out, my voice filled with an unknown emotion.

She opened her eyes and gasped for air as she turned her head to the side. She gave me a slight smile before she passed out, tugging on the chains. I ran to her and broke them off of her wrists, and ankles, cradling her in my arms.

"Everyone is being carried out and to the doctors," General Haggar said behind me as we walked up the ladder to the kitchen again.

"Good. Have the humans wiped and the rest sent home to their families."

"There is one technicality, your Majesty."

I waited for him to reach the floor before asking, "What is it?"

"Two people have met their mates. One warrior and two from the farm. The two from the farm are a wolf shifter and human, the other your sister and..."

"And?"

"Your sister." We walked out and watched as people were being carried back to the palace hospital.

"Who is he?"

"She is a wolf shifter."

"She," I said to myself. "Alright. What is her condition?"

"Fair. It seems as though she arrived a few days ago."

I nodded and prepared to run. "That's good, but I need to get her to the palace."

"Of course," he bowed and I took off towards home, cradling my flower in my arms, putting her head in the crook of my neck. Doctors and nurses met me as soon as I reached the doors.