Chapter Twenty-Eight

Claus Of Verish

I couldn't seem to get her out of my head! It had been two days and an still couldn't get the sight of her blue eyes falling with hurt when I rejected her cookies! It just made my heart ache! Shit! I couldn't stand the thought of her being upset with me. I grabbed my key and shoved it in my jean pocket, ripping open the door. 34B. I don't know how long I stood there, staring at her door.

I caught her scent coming from the elevator and I bolted back into my apartment. She wasn't there! She could've caught me staring her door like some creepy stalker! I heard her open her door and shut it, locking the bolt into place. Should I still approach her? Just as I was about to go back to her door, my phone rang; it was probably Vladimir letting me know Draco's status. I answered immediately. "What?"

"Draco isn't in Canada," he said, accusation etched in his tone.

"That's impossible!"

"Is it, Claus?"

"Yes! I would never bring him here, Vladimir! I chose my family! Plus...my Mate is here, I don't wish any harm to come to her."

He sighed. "We need to move, Claus."

I couldn't leave my Mate! Not when I had just found her! "No! We can't go!"

"Draco knows where we are! He will find you and he will find your mate too, it's safer if you go."

I knew that he was right, but I didn't want to let Allie out of my sight; not when there was a chance Draco could be near. "Fine," I said, gritting my teeth. "Where will we go?"

"I'm not sure quite yet, but we're meeting at the airport in thirty minutes."

"Alright, I'll join you short-" I was cut off by the sound of my apartment door being flung off its hinges and into the living room. I jumped up, ready to fight when the sight before me almost made me fall to my knees. Draco was here, and struggling in his arms was Allie.

"Let me go, you bald bastard!" She screeched, trying desperately to escape his hold on her.

"Now, now, dear, you won't be going anywhere soon, will she, Claus?" His Violet eyes were as sinister as ever.

"Draco-"

"I thought we had a deal," he sighed, "but you just had to go soft." He wrapped his hand around her neck from behind and squeezed. "Now, I'm going to snap your little mate's neck."

"Wait! Please I'll do anything!" I looked into her eyes that full fixed on me, full of fright...because of me. "Allie, listen to me, I'm gonna get you out of this, okay?"

Draco laughed and kissed her cheek. "Oh, he does love you, doesn't he?"

"No!" A sickening crack sent me hurling forward and as her body fell away, I ran right into Draco's blade. It pierced my chest, but I could care less; I had nothing left to lose. He laughed, but so did I. Pulling the stake out of my chest to try and heal myself was futile, but I knew what I could do. I plunged his own weapon into his heart, smiling at the shocked expression on his face. "See you in Hell." I heard both Violet and Lucinda's cries as I fell backward next to Allie. I coughed and reached out to caress her pale cheek, a tear leaking from my eye. "I'm so sorry."

Vladimir leaned over me, covering my chest with his hands. "You fool! You've done it now, haven't you?" He was scolding me, but I could tell he was distraught. "What were you thinking?!"

"She'll be safe," I said, gesturing towards Lucinda. "Cherish her; I wish I had the same opportunity." I looked over at my precious mate, dead long ago, and ignored the immense pain. But before the blackness of death could overtake me, I felt my big brother brush my hair back and whisper, "They'd be so proud."

I've never been so content.

Vladimir Of Verish

"Claus?! Claus, you idiot!" I lifted up my baby brother and cradled him to my chest, his blood soaking into my shirt. "They'd be so proud," I whispered to him, brushing his hair. Even though his eyes were still on his mate, I could see the love shining through them for me, and I watched as life fled from them.

I looked back at Violet who was being held by Gareth and Lucinda shedding silent tears for the brother-in-law she barely knew. I laid him back on the ground and stood, looking to Gareth. "Call General Haggar."

The castle has been quiet since the young prince's death

The castle has been quiet since the young prince's death. Both Claus and his mate, Allie were buried on the royal mountain, the highest honors performed. I felt guilty every night as I held Lucinda close to me every night; he had sacrificed everything for us. Violet was clinging to Gareth every waking moment, occasionally sniffling at so,etching that would remind her of our little brother.

I now stood on the balcony outside of my bedroom, looking down at the Coven. We were safe because of Claus and Allie. I gripped the railing and slumped my shoulders at the weight barreling down on me. A small hand touching my bare back brought me out of my thoughts. "The sun will rise soon." I looked over my shoulder at my little Lucy.

"I'll be inside in a few minutes."

"No you won't," she sighed. "You'll stay and burn yourself as long as you can handle before you come and lay next to me. I didn't notice the first week, but I do now; Claus wouldn't want you to torture yourself, Vlad."

"No, he wouldn't, but I am anyway. How can I ever thank him for the sacrifice he gave to me-to us? He shouldn't have had to do that! I should've been there sooner to save him, Lucy! I could've saved him!"

"And his mate? You know she would be gone either way, would you have Claus be tortured by his own regrets until he takes his life?" I didn't answer and she knew my answer. "What your brother did was the greatest, most noble act that could ever be recorded. He has given you a gift, Vlad...take it, and thank him for it every single day; that's what I do." She wormed her way in between my arms, pressing her forehead to mine and cradling my face in her hands. "Keep him in your heart and never let him go; he'll never leave you."

I nodded and pressed my lips to her's, wrapping my arms around her waist. She was right. Claus has not only given me my Mate, but he had given us freedom from Draco; he had saved the Coven. I will remember my brother with honor and with pride, as he should be, and as the Coven sees him.

He is my brother and my savior.

A/N//:OH THE FEEEEEEEELS!!!!Guys, the next chapter is the LAST ONE😭😭😭

A/N//:
OH THE FEEEEEEEELS!!!!
Guys, the next chapter is the LAST ONE
😭😭😭