Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Twenty-Six
Claus Of Verish

I had come to a decision, a decision that was made a long time ago in a way. I hated my brother, loathed him in fact. I loathed that he was king, that he was older, that he had a Mate and she was fucking beautiful! Vladimir always got everything that he wanted, and I hated it.

But I don't hate Violet.

She's always been there for me, even when I fucked up and went against the Coven, even when our parents died, and even when she was suffering; she was there. Draco was a sick son of a bitch, and I knew that despite how much I hated my brother, I could never go against my sister.

I entered the plane and noticed immediately that Violet wasn't present. "Violet and Gareth will be here soon," Lucinda said with a calm smile on her face. I nodded and sat on the right side of the plane.

"You surprise me, brother," Vladimir said, his arm slung around Lucinda's shoulder.

"Do I? I suppose someone should, since you're still stuck in the 19th century."

"Fuck off," he hissed.

"There we go." I chuckled at Lucinda's giggle which only seemed to piss him off even more.

"We're here," a voice said from outside the plane and I stood.

"Violet."

Her eyes widened and she raced over to me, wrapping her arms around me. "Claus! You're here, I can't believe it!"

I chuckled and pulled her closer to me. "Here I am."

She pulled away and laid her hands on my face. "Last time I saw you, you didn't have any scruff," she said.

"I figured it'd be a hit with the ladies," I smiled.

She laughed and walked back into the arms of the man I assume to be her mate. His brown hair was swept off to the side and his skin was so much darker compared to everyone else; there's no way he was a vampire. "This is my Mate, Gareth," she said, smiling up at him.

"I'm a Succubus, in case you were wondering," he says, giving me a tight-lipped smile. "I know there's a bit of a contrast that can be hard to get used to."

"It doesn't matter to me," I told him. "You're my sister's mate and you make her happy." Violet smiled and hugged Gareth's side, mouthing 'thank you' to me. We should get going," I said, sitting back down in my seat. "I told him you were going to Canada and it won't take him long to figure out I lied." Vladimir nodded and gestured for Violet and Gareth to sit. Within minutes, we were off and headed to California.

"I've never been to the human realm," Lucinda said to me. "Have you?"

"All the time," I nodded, "It's different for sure."

The sun was intense, but we braved it all the way to the safe houses

The sun was intense, but we braved it all the way to the safe houses. Each couple was in their own house and I was by myself, as always. I laid on the bed and sighed. If Draco found me, he'd kill me. Was I afraid? Slightly as to how I would die, but as wasn't afraid of death itself.

A knock at the door broke me from my thoughts, and sent me on mhm way to the entrance of this tiny apartment I had to dwell in. Thinking it was either Vladimir or Violet, I opened it without looking, but I was instead met with the intoxicating scent of Lavender.

Oh shit.

Standing outside was an olive skinned beauty, her bright blue eyes shining with excitement as she held a plate of chocolate chip cookies; she's human. Great.

"Hi there! I'm Ali, your new neighbor just across the hall in 34B and I just wanted to come by to introduce myself and welcome you to the complex."

What do I say?! She's my Mate and she doesn't even know! "Um, thanks."

"So here are some cookies-"

"That's nice and all, but I don't do sweets."

I felt a pinch in my chest at her sunken look. "Oh...well, um, I'm sorry about that."

"That's alright, it really was a nice thought," I slowly started to shut the door, her eyes sinking along with my heart. "Thank you," I said before completely shutting the door. There was no way that I was going to get her intwined in this mess. If I survived, maybe I'd come back for her; make her mine. But for now, I'd have to keep my distance no matter how challenging that may be.

Once her scent faded from the doorway, I went back to the small bedroom and sat down on the bed. I just found my Mate and I couldn't even be with her; how so like the moon.

What I've wanted has always been out of reach.

But perhaps this is where things start to change for me.

A/N//:Thank you all so much for reading and being patient for these updates

A/N//:
Thank you all so much for reading and being patient for these updates