Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One
Lucinda Of Celestials

I took in deep breath and spun in the mirror. "Oh, Nadia, it's perfect!"

She smiled and leaned back on her heels. "I'm glad you think so, your Highness, it is definitely one of my best pieces."

I ran my fingers down my sides, feeling sexier than ever. If this didn't get him to mate with me I don't know will. "Shit," Violet said. "There might only be a ceremony."

I turned to her and frowned. "Why would you say that?"

"Once you are publicly bonded, all he'll want to do is consummate," she laughed.

"That is what I wanted. It's been over a year, Violet, he needs to know I'm not scared anymore."

"This will do it for sure," she nodded, continuing to look me up and down. "You look like a queen, Lucinda."

"These sleeves are gorgeous, Nadia, I can't get over them

"These sleeves are gorgeous, Nadia, I can't get over them." I swayed my arms around, the material flowing about. "What about you, Vi, your dress is stunning as well! Gareth is going to be all over you tonight!"

 "What about you, Vi, your dress is stunning as well! Gareth is going to be all over you tonight!"

She smiled and pursed her lips. "I've been making him wait."

I gasped in mock shock. "How evil, Violet! I truly admire you!"

"We should be on our way now," Violet insisted. "Vladimir is already antsy in the ballroom, waiting for you." She grabbed my hand and pulled me to the closed entrance, off to the side of the doors. "They'll announce me first, stay out of sight until the doors have been fully shut. They'll announce you, the doors will open again, and you walk to your mate." 

I nodded and walked to the side, the doors opening for Violet. As instructed, I waited until the doors were completely closed before moving to wait behind them. This is it, the night where Vlad and I become one forever. I hear my name and the doors slowly open, revealing my mate on the other side. Smiling, I make my way down the stairs where he is waiting, hand outstretched to me. I take it and he guides me to his side, kissing my temple as he whispers, "You are breathtaking, my love." He growled and I look up at my mate, both of us beaming. He leads us to the front of the room where we stand together, hands intertwined. "Thank you all so much for attending this joyous occasion. This is my mate and your queen, Lucinda Of Celestials, we are making our bond public today as a symbol of our love and commitment to each other and The Covens." We faced each other and Vladimir started. "I, Vladimir Of Verish, humble myself before you as my Mate and my Queen. You are my equal," he said, touching my forehead with his. "my support, my salvation, and my future. Never shall you be in want, for I will give you all you wish." 

I smiled and squeezed his hands. "I, Lucinda Of Celestials, humble myself before you as my Mate and King. You are my equal, my support, my salvation, and my future. Never shall you be in want, for I will give you all you wish." And on pure instinct, we latched onto eat other's necks, sealing our bond for life. I tasted the sweet tang of his blood on my tongue, and then pulled away, licking my lips. There would shouts of joy, but all I could seem to see was Vlad who smiled and rested his forehead on mine. 

"I love you," he said through our link.

"I love you too."

When we finally turned to face the guests, they were all looking at us with admiration in their eyes. I smiled and put my head on Vlad's shoulder as he intertwined our fingers. "All hail the King! All hail the Queen!" We walk down the aisle and sit at our designated table, picking up our gauntlets and toasting before sitting down together.  Everyone mingles about, some dancing and some eating, but we remain at our table, hands still clasped together.   

"That dress is making it very hard to concentrate, my love."

I smile and take a sip of blood. "That was the point."

He gasped playfully through the link and chuckled. "You're a little vixen, aren't you?"

"You'll find out soon enough." 

He chuckled beside me and took my hand, looking into my eyes as he placed a small kiss to the back of it. "Care for a dance, my Queen?" I took his awaiting hand and he led me to the ballroom floor, placing his left hand around my waist, resting it against the curve of my ass. He leaned down and kissed me slow while swaying us back and forth. He pulled away and leaned down, his lips barely touching my earlobe. "I'm very proud of you, Lucy." 

I chuckled, "Why?" 

"You've flourished since the first time you came here."

"I suppose." 

"I love yo-"

And that's when all hell broke loose inside the castle. 

A/N//:

A/N//:

I know this was a short chapter...my bad