Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen
Vladimir Of Verish

Lucinda held my arm back as I tried to race after my sister. I looked back at her, but she shook her head, sliding her hand into mine. "She needs time to grief, Vlad." I knew she was right, but I desperately wanted her to be wrong. "Give her some time to process." My shoulders slumped and I leaned against Lucinda, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"How much more pain will she endure?"

Lucinda rubbed my back, ultimately wrapping her arms around me. "I'm so tired," she mumbled. I nodded and scooped her up into my arms, cradling her to my chest. When we reached our room, I closed the door behind us and set her down on the plush  chaise. "Look at all those books," she sighed. I knelt down and removed her shoes, kissing each ankle before I slipped off her leggings and kissed each thigh. She looked down at me and shook her head. "Our first time together will not be in a situation like this, Vladimir." She stood and removed my clothing, coaxing me into the bed as she undressed herself the rest of the way. She slid into bed and folded perfectly into my arms, kissing my shoulder. "I'm here."

And I broke.

A sob racked through my body as I tried to stop it, tears welling in my eyes. "Why does this have to happen to her?" I held on tight to my Mate, taking in her scent to ease my nerves. "She has no one to calm her like you do with me. She has no one hold at night." Lucinda stroked my hair, but stayed silent. "She was doing so well...and now this! I regret telling her."

"Hey," she said, sternly, tilting my face to her's. "You did the right thing, she will see that. Violet won't blame you, She is far to level-headed for that. And she loves you too much to think poorly of you."

"I just want her to be happy," I muttered, nuzzling into her shoulder.

"She will be one day, Vladimir. The Moon Goddess knew this would happen, and I'm sure that her mate is on their way as we speak."

The sudden banging on the bedroom door, broke us out of our conversation. "What is it?" I asked.

The voice of Haggar greeted us. "An intruder at the border, your Majesties!"

I sighed and got up. "I will take care of this, you rest."

"No, I will come as well." She stood and walked to the closet with me behind her.

"That isn't necessary, dearest."

She turned and looked at me with her brows set firm with determination. "I will go with you whether it is necessary or not. You are my Mate and I will be by your side." She huffed and turned back around, disappearing into the doorway of her closet. I nodded to myself and got dressed in my own closet, walking out as I fastened my wristwatch.

"Are you ready?" She nodded and took my hand. "Alright then."

Violet Of Verish

Violet Of Verish

I was drained of energy-of hope. The Moon Goddess was punishing me for all those years on unbelief. I fell back onto my bed after letting out a harsh cry. Nothing was real. Nothing except this pain in my chest...

And whatever that delicious smell is.

I sat up and took in a deep breath, my Goddess What is that?! I crept towards the door with my nose up in the air like a fucking dog, desperately fighting with myself. Did I want to open it? Curiosity overcame me and I swung the door open, following whatever was emitting such a smell. It smelt of the forest's pines and fresh rain! I passed by a few people that seemed shocked at my actions, but I was too preoccupied to really care. I jumped in delight when the scent came from the entrance, but confusion bit me once again upon scenting my brother and Lucinda as well. I peaked over the banister and saw them standing in front of a man. His blonde hair was matted with dirt and blood, he was kneeling before them, favoring his left side-he must be injured. He lifted his blue eyes to my hiding place and I felt my core immediately come to life. Suddenly it seemed that all of the pain of Helena's death and betrayal I had been harboring, had now banished with just one sight of this mysterious man.

"Mate," he muttered, and I felt goosebumps pepper my flesh.

"What?" My brother hissed. "Tell me the purpose of your trespassing!"

As if I was not in control of my body, I jumped from the banister to the floor, running towards my true mate and wrapping my arms around him. His scent enveloped me like a warm cocoon, his left arm gripping my side. "I thought I would never find you," he all but sobbed into me.

I pulled away to take in his features, a chiseled jaw, high cheekbones, the bluest eyes that pierced my soul were filled with admiration. I ran my fingers through his knotted hair and he let out a broken sigh. I forgot he was hurting! "You're injured," I said, inspecting his right side. I lifted up his torn shirt and gasped at the various claw markings that had slashed through his skin. "RAY!" I called over my shoulder before turning my attention to my true mate.

His face began to pale, but even then he smiled. "May I know the name of my beloved?"

"Violet," I said, stroking his cheek. "Your's?"

"G-Gareth."

Ray ran in with three warriors who took my Mate to the hospital wing as he muttered my name over and over. I followed behind just to keep an eye on him. I watched as they put him to sleep and stitched up his wounds, wrapping gauze around his body. I anxiously fiddled with my hands, I could not lose him. "He will be alright, your Highness," Ray said, patting my shaking hands. "It seems he was in a nasty fight with some vampires and barely got away."

"He isn't our kind and he is not a Were-shifter."

"You are correct. It seems as though you and your brother have been blessed with a Succubus Mate."

"Is he a Celestial like Lucinda?"

"No," a voice said behind me, it was Lucy. "I would've sensed his power when I saw him." She took my hands in her's and grinned. "He is normal, but if I know one thing about male Succubi it is that, Celestial or not, they love to flaunt themselves in front of their mates," she winked and walked out, my brother entering seemingly disturbed by the piece of information she had shared with me.

"I will be alright here," I told him, knowing he would ask. "I have my true mate now."

And indeed I did.