Chapter Twenty-Seven

Lucinda Of Celestials

California was so bright and beautiful, but I didn't get to bask in the sun for very long before I was ushered inside a small two-bedroom home by my Mate. I could see that he was uncomfortable and I sighed before shutting all the curtains closed. "I'm sorry, but we won't be spending much time outside," Vladimir said, taking my hand. "Claus is in an apartment complex a few streets over and Violet is with Gareth three houses down. We all need to lay low until word of Draco's whereabouts arise."

"I understand," I nodded.

He caressed my cheek and gave me a lingering kiss before heading into the bathroom. The sound of water running filled my ears and a sudden longing overcame my limbs. I followed my mate, undressing as I went. I closed the door behind me and was met with a full view of a very naked Vladimir. All mine.

MATURE CONTENT

I opened the shower door and climbed in behind him, running my hands along the taunt muscles of his back, memorizing the bones and the scars peppered here and there. He turned and looked at me, his eyes black as midnight and I knew he was feeling the same way. He crashed his lips to mine, his hands sliding down my back, slick with the water from the shower. Tongues intertwined, hands grasping for skin, lips molded together as our voices sounded out our passion. His hands slipped into the wet folds of my heat, instantly finding the bundle of nerves that were begging to be released.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, my hands gripping his shoulders as I shamelessly rode his fingers. His lips made their way down the back of my ear to my neck, kissing, sucking, and everything in between. As quickly as he had come on to me, he ripped himself away, turning off the water and dragging me out of the bathroom. Vladimir picked me up by my hips and gently tossed me onto the squeaky bed before he rose over me. His eyes were filled with love, admiration, and an abundance of raw, powerful lust.

"Please," I whispered, dragging my left hand down the middle of his chest, goosebumps arising upon his chest. He groaned and entered me with a powerful thrust, causing me to try out in pleasurable triumph. "Yes!" My nails raked down his back, spurring him further.

"So beautiful," he grunted, resting his forehead on mine as he continued pleasuring me only he knew how. His pace quickened and I felt the familiar build of my climax fast approaching like a runaway train.

"Oh, I-I lo-ve you!" Vladimir's closed his eyes and I felt him burst inside me, triggering my own powerful climax, and sending me into the stars.

END

"I love you too," he whispered in my ear, nipping the lobe as he slid off of me, running his hand up and down my stomach. "Lucinda, I need to speak with you about something." His eyes spoke that what he was about to say was of a serious matter. I slipped under the covers and propped myself up with my elbow, looking into his eyes.

"What is it?"

"I need an heir. I want a baby, Lucy."

My eyes widened; I was at a loss for words. "Well-I...Don't you think it's kind of a bad time at the moment?"

"Lucy, I haven't used a rubber in three days, you could already be pregnant."

"No, I couldn't; I'm on the pill."

"What?!" He jerked back like I had just slapped him, his eyes furious with me. "And you never told me?! I've been trying for a baby and you just go and prevent that without my knowledge?!"

"You've been trying without my knowledge, how is this any different?"

"It's very different!"

"How so?" I challenged, lifting my chin.

"It just is!" I scoffed and flung up the covers, exiting the bed. "What are you doing?"

I pulled out a pair of cotton shorts and a shirt, putting them on. "Getting dressed."

"Lucinda," he sighed, getting up and approaching me.

I whipped around and pointed a finger at his chest. "No! Don't you 'Lucinda' me, and speak to me as if I'm a stubborn child that needs to be disciplined! When the hell are you going to learn that we're equal, Vladimir!? Equal! The same! You don't get to make decisions that big without me!"

"I can say the same for you! How long have you been on the pill?!"

"Two months."

"Two months?! We haven't even been one for two months!"

"I know, but I had a feeling it was coming soon and I didn't want to have a baby until I knew that Draco was no longer a threat to us!"

"You don't think we should've talked about that?!"

"Like how we talked about trying in the first place?"

He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "So we both messed up."

"Yeah, I guess we did, but you have to understand where I'm coming from. Draco would take advantage of our newfound weakness, Vlad. There's no way to know what he would do."

He looked down at the floor, lost in thought for a few moments before slowly nodding his head. "I suppose you're right."

I approached him, running my hands up his chest to cup his face and tilt it towards me, looking into his eyes. "It's just until he's out of the picture," I promised. "Afterwards, we can have all the babies we want."

He smiled and kissed me, keeping our foreheads touching even as he pulled away. "Be careful with that, love. We might just start a new Coven." I burst out laughing, shaking my head and wrapping my arms around him in a much needed hug. "I love you, Lucy."

"I love you too, Vlad. Things are gonna work out."

He nodded and pulled away, keeping his hands on my waist. "I'm meeting with the messenger at first light tomorrow to know what Draco's movements are; I want you to go stay with Violet and Gareth while I'm gone." He saw I was about to interrupt him, and he gave me a look before putting his finger over my lips. "Safety in numbers, my love. I know you can handle yourself, but I want my sister to be there too." I sighed and nodded, making him smile. "Thank you." His kissed my forehead and the my lips, making me smile.

I wanted to believe that everything would be as I said it would, but a part of me knew that I was going to have to fight for the family I had left. Putting those thoughts aside, I dragged Vladimir onto the bed, with full intent of making love to him all through the day.