Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen
Vladimir Of Verish

I watched in complete amazement as Lucinda stretched her wings as she started to wake herself up. I hadn't slept a wink, thinking about Violet and her mate, Gareth. This seemed too good to be true that he would show up right when she needed it, but I suppose that might be how fate works for them.

Lucinda turns to me and smiles. "You're thinking about them too, aren't you?" I sighed and nodded, opening my arms for her to crawl back into. "I think it's wonderful and you should too," she said, settling into me.

"I'm just a bit cautious after..."

Silence stretched to further my point and she nodded. "That's understandable, but Violet didn't seem to be that worried about it." I knew this and it worried me. If Gareth isn't who she thinks he is, my sister will never recover from this loss. "I was going to go see them in the hospital wing. Would you like to accompany me?"

I cracked a small smile; I'd never tell her that I wanted to see my sister and her mate and yet, Lucy knew. Because she knew me. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her tender lips, taking her by surprise. "It's been almost a year," I told her.

"So it has," she agreed.

"I can't think of a better day to have a Ball in your honor."

She smiled and rolled her eyes. "I just want everything to settle down first before anything happens." She always thinks of others first. "Besides, my dress isn't finished yet either."

"Nadia will have it done as soon as she can; her face when we asked her if she would make your dress," I laughed.

"It was adorable!"

We rolled around laughing at everything and nothing until we realized how long we've been in bed. Lucy went to shower while I continued to contemplate what I would say to my sister. Was I happy for her? Did I like him? Not really because I don't know him. I entered the bathroom to find Lucy in her closet, dressing. I immediately smacked my hand over my eyes and went to the shower, desperately trying to forget the image of my mate half naked, putting lotion on her smoothened skin.

After my shower, I dressed and found Lucinda thumbing through a few of her books. I came up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist. "We could stay in bed."

"We could, but I want to meet Violet's mate and so do you." She put the book back and turned around, out of my grip, to walk out the door. "Come along, King." I followed after my Queen, intertwining our fingers. "You're cute, Vlad."

I scoffed. "I am not cute. Manly, dashing, handsome; sure. Not cute."

She giggled and knocked on the door. "Enter."

Lucy peaked her head in, smiling. "Hey there." She walked in and I followed behind, my face expressionless. "We just wanted to see how you two are doing."

"We're well," Violet said, smiling. Their intertwined hands didn't escape my sight even though she tried to hide it. "Please sit."

Lucinda sat in the chair opposite of Violet, but I opted to stand, not wanting to let my guard down for anything. There was tension radiating from my body and, judging from Gareth's eyes, he knew I was suspicious with him.

"Gareth, is it?" Lucy asked. "I'm Lucinda."

He finally looked up at her from his lap and gasped. "Your Highness!" He bowed as low as he could get, wincing. It was then I realized he wasn't talking about me. Violet gasped and tried to get him up, saying that he was going to rip his stitches.

"Sit up," Lucinda commanded, getting closer to him. "I'm going to heal him," she stated to Violet and me. She wanted to prevent either of us from lashing out, but I still growled when she touched his skin. "Heal," she whispered, a bright light emitting from her fingertips. Gareth sipped in a a breath before Lucy removed her hands to reveal a small scar where his wound once marred his skin.

"Lucinda!" Violet exclaimed, running her fingertips over his small scar. "I-How?"

"I'm a Celestial Succubus, so I have other abilities that regular Succubi like Gareth have." I cracked a smile, but quickly masked it.

"That's amazing," Violet said, looking up at Gareth who smiled down at her.

"I know I said we came to check up on you, but I know that both my Mate and I would like to know what led you here. I've never seen you before; is there another village of Succubi?"

He frowned. "There was." He sighed, but continued even as his throat seemed to dry. "I was out in the forest, sketching the wildlife, when I heard the screams. Draco and his men came and slaughtered those who tried to fight...they've come up with something-a weapon-that can wipe us out. Warriors in the sky were dropping like flies," he shook and I saw tears streaming down Lucy's cheeks. "They took the children away and killed everyone that fought them. I was left, watching in the distance when one of his men spotted me and shot me. I was able to get away, but I was heavily injured."

I huffed. "How do we know you aren't working for Draco?" I asked.

Violet's eyes snapped to me and she hissed, "You think he'd lie to us?! How dare you assume that he's working with Draco?!"

Anger seeped into my being "Well, it wouldn't be the first time now, would it?" 

Lucy gasped, "Vladimir!" 

"We're done here," I said, gruffly, grabbing Lucinda's arm and pulling her out of the room and into the hallway. 

"What is your problem?" she seethed, pulling away from me. "You had no right to-"

"I have every right! That man is conspiring against us." I raised my voice, puffing out my chest in challenge. 

"You're saying that because of Helena! You're being ridiculous!" 

"I'm being a king, Lucinda!" 

Her face turned red before she exploded. "No, you're being a JACKASS!" 

I clenched my fist and rammed it through the wall beside her head, a scream emitting from her lips. "Shut up," I seethed. I took my fist out of the wall and turned away, trying to reign in control of myself. I sighed and cooled down, looking back at her and what I saw broke my heart in two. Tears were streaming down her face, but not in fear; in anger. She's come so far. 

"We're supposed to be equals, but every time you get frustrated or angry, you immediately put me below you. You are easy to anger, you have no self control, and you are not a forgiving or kind man!" She choked upon saying the last part, and she swallowed. "Cancel the ball," she commanded, turning away from me to walk down the hall. "I couldn't possibly be with a man like this." 

Oh, shit

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Oh, shit

Thanks for those who voted and if you haven't please do