Introduction

A/N//:
This is my first vampire romance book, so I hope you enjoy it and don't give me too hard of a time.

Basically everything in this story is fiction and please don't copy it.

I am so fortunate to have all 1700 of my followers and I would greatly appreciate if you would also become one today! I try to update once a week, but sometimes it's more or less. This is a work in progress and unfortunately none of my stories are edited so please don't be THAT person and comment on every error that's made.

Thank you so much for reading and if you want updates on the rest of my stories click that FOLLOW button and be one of my beauties.

IntroductionI remember the very day I had come to the realization that I needed my Mate

Introduction
I remember the very day I had come to the realization that I needed my Mate. I'd lived 1200 years before I could finally admit to myself that I couldn't rule the kingdom of Verish alone. The day was rather a night; the night my general found a mate in the newest maid, a traveler from the western kingdom that felt a call to Verish. Now we all know why.

Her name was Karina and she had been working in the palace three days before General Haggar tracked her down and found her. It wasn't that she was running from him, in fact the opposite. Their scents tempted each other to the point of madness, as Haggar had so described to me, and in the night, Haggar crept into the Maid's Quarters. What is always so amusing whenever this story is told, is that Haggar was always so insistent there was to be NO man in the Maid's Quarters, not even their husbands, and there he was, sniffing the air for his other half. He found her, asleep in her cot, and shook her awake. Karina said it was a soft, but urgent shake of her shoulders, making her think it was the Head Maid, Olga. Her eyes flew open only to find the General beside her, but once their eyes locked, they knew.

I heard this story only once to put the longing for a mate inside of me. Listening to them both speak about their hearts racing, minds spinning as they gazed at one another in the dark of the Maid's Quarters. Of all the moments my mother told me, urged me to find my Mate, now was the time I realized that she was right. And the next week, I was out towards the eastern kingdom of Sharai to search for her. From Sharai I went to the southern kingdoms of Delor and Desmon, and from there to the western kingdom (that Karina had traveled from), Farrah. This search took approximately 84 years goring from village to village until I returned to Verish empty handed, sending a dark mood throughout the palace. And then, in my darkest hour, I went down to the Black Lake and caught a scent.

It was her's.