Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen
Violet Of Verish

Violet,
I'm so sorry, but I'm not your mate. I feel the utmost amount of pain for betraying you, but I just couldn't stay any longer knowing what I was meant to do. The truth is that I have been working with Draco; he wanted me to get close to someone in power at the palace, so he sent for a witch to cast a curse on me that would mimic the Mate Bond to a random unmated Vampire, and that was you.

I was supposed to be deployed out as a survivor of the farm, to lure your brother in for Draco to kill him, but I stumbled upon Lucinda's cell and took action of my own. I knew Draco would have to leave because of 'business' (I wrote to neighboring packs about the nearest farms and they were demolishing them), so I wrote to the King, knowing he'd invade while Draco was away. I led him to his mate and ran into you...the one the curse had chosen. I didn't want to immediately turn you away because the hurt it would cause through the bond, and that's why I had grown distant; the Bond would wear off quicker.

Draco means to capture every living Succubi left to raise an army of the dead at his command. He wants to take over the Supernatural and Human worlds and be a God among them. I suppose with all the hurt I have caused, you have reason to doubt me. I know all of this because my true mate is Draco. He found me three years ago, captured me, and I haven't seen my pack since then. I didn't know it was possible to hate your mate until now.

Enclosed is the location of all the blood farms, and where they are keeping the workers' families. If you can save them, the workers will give you everything you need. I really do care for you, Vi, I always have and always will; you are my dearest friend.

Helena

I gripped the paper, slightly crumpling it. "Why are you showing me this?" I snapped my gaze to Lucinda who was looking down at her hands, stray tears lingering on her cheeks. "Lucinda?" I looked back and forth between them.

"Violet," Vladimir whispered, reaching out to me. "Sit." He guided me to a chair, sitting me down. "Helena...she's dead."

I looked up at him through blurry vision. "What?"

"He found her and killed her; slaughtered her pack too."

My breath quickened and I felt a sob tach through my entire being as my hands reach for my hair, gripping the roots. Arms from each side wrapped around me as I wept, feeling the pain of a hundred deaths coursing through me. Lucinda caressed my hair and whispered words of comfort, but I could not be consoled. I abruptly stood and ripped open the door, making my way to my room. They called after me, but I couldn't be bothered; I needed to be alone.

I entered and slammed the door, locking it to any intruder. If Vlad tried to follow me, I knew that Lucinda would stop him; she seemed to know me better now a days. I gripped the sheets in my hand and whimpered, falling onto the bed and into my despair yet again. I don't know what hurt worse, the fact that Helena was never my Mate or the fact that she was now dead.

Dead.

Gone.

Never to be seen, heard, or touched.

I was worried about her-about us. She hadn't wanted to touch me since we met in the clearing. "Helena, I know that this is different," I said, caressing her hands. "But can't we just try?" Her green eyes swirled with uncertainty. "Please." I took a strand oh her golden hair between my fingertips.

"I...suppose so."

I smiled and crept closer to her, sitting on her bed now instead of that rickety chair. I leaned down until my forehead was touching her's; she was so soft. Tingles of anticipation spread through me until I couldn't resist any longer. I bent my head and pressed my lips against her's; soft and passionate. Our mouths molded together until they were one, our arms tangled around each other and our bodies pressed against one another. After a few heated minutes, she reluctantly pulled away, releasing my hair.

"That wasn't so bad now, was it?" I smiled, nuzzling our noses together.

"No," she admitted with a nervous giggle.

I clenched my aching heart, wanting to rip it out with my hands. Somehow, I don't think it would heart as much as this.

"I care for you very deeply, Violet."

"Don't you dare touch my chocolate pudding!"

I chuckled. She loved chocolate pudding...

"Sharing is caring, Ana."

She turned her nose up at me, eating another spoonful of her pudding. Was it wrong that I was turned on by that? "And when it comes to my chocolate pudding, I don't care who you are, you will not-" I launched myself forward in an attempt to grab the stupid cup of pudding, but she pulled it out of reach with one hand, playfully smacking me with the other. "Don't you dare touch my chocolate pudding!"

Tears streamed down my face. How could that not have been real? And yet, I could feel she was gone.

Gone.

Dead.

A/N//:I'm fucking screaming

A/N//:
I'm fucking screaming...I hate myself for that.
Happy St. Patrick's Day, here's this super depressing chapter