14

After a while, she finally calmed herself. She looked around her surrounding again. There was a large floor to ceiling mirror spanned across the wall. The floor was made of stone marble, it was slightly cold to her feet, but it was very clean, giving off a refreshing feel. There was a long tile of white fur in front of her, which leaded to a stair that was about four steps high. A massive bathtub, which almost looks like a swimming pool, fitted in to the side of the room. Directly above the tub, there were two plat-screen TVs fitted in to the wall. It had a very modern look since it didn’t bulge out.

There were no buttons or switches. Now that she thought about it, the light turned on automatically when she came in. When she looked around again. The realized there was a small touchscreen beside the door. How is she supposed to use it? She made a sad face.

She tried hitting a lot of buttons on the screen. Then after a while she heard the water sound, but it wasn’t from the bathtub, it was from another side of the room. A part of the ceiling was raining water. Walking over, she did not notice there was a shower over here. When she was very close to the shower, a whole piece of the glass suddenly slid inside the wall. She was shocked, but glad it was automatic because if it wasn’t, she would have ran into it.

She sat on one of the sofa, looking at this luxurious bathroom and started thinking about her owns. It is not even remotely comparable. Suddenly, she stood up immediately from the sofa.

Ahhh! Oh no! Lucas! She didn’t tell him that she wasn’t going to go back. She searched her body for her cell phone, but it isn’t on her. She left it outside!

She walked out of the bathroom quickly.

“Did you see my phone?”

“Why?” He doesn’t seem worried at her sudden urge to find her phone

“May I make a phone call?

“To whom, may I ask?” She relaxed, for once in a while, his tone isn’t that demanding. He really did say it in a form of question like he is asking for her permission.

“Confidential.” Since he asked in that way, it will be ok that she didn’t tell him.

His eyes narrowed, “Just because I asked nicely, doesn’t mean that I gave you the permission to say no.”

“My mom.” She quickly blurted out the first thing that came to her mind.

The scary feeling that he gave her vanished as he heard her answer.

“Oh?” A corner of his eyebrow rose, and his eyes seem to dance with a tint of interest. “Do you know what time it is? Are you really going to wake her up one in the morning?” The time difference was slightly off compared from where her mom lived to New York City.