3

Ali

The next day Ali went to the restaurant, it was even gloomier than yesterday. The signs with Maple written on it were falling down, made it looked like an abandoned house.

She quickly walked in, the door swung back and forth with cracking sounds.

“Rachel, what happened?” She asked the girl that sat on the chair.

“You don’t need to come tomorrow.” Rachel said.

“No! Why? You know I can’t lose this job!” She said urgently, freaking out.

“I am sorry, but this restaurant will be closing soon. It was better if you go now.” Rachel said with a sigh and then left.

She sat there; looking at the place she had worked at for year. Maybe it was time for her to get a new job. She thought to herself.

Only later did she found out that no matter how many places she went, nobody was willing to hire her.

Today she was looking for a job from 8 am, and right now it is 9 pm. Before she realized it she was walking on a dark street with very few people around her.

A cold breeze swept across her, the wind made her hair swirled across her face. Only a few cars are passing by from time to time.

Then suddenly she felt a car slowing down behind her. She tried to walk faster, and then turned a sharp corner. When she looked back, the car was still there.

Scared, she keep asking herself ‘what should I do?” Her heart is jumping violently in her chest. These people are following her. Then quickly she made a dash towards the woods, running as fast as she could. At least now they can’t drive the car.

 “Where did she go?” She heard, but thankfully the voices and the footsteps are slowly getting fainter.

She don’t know how long has she ran, but her head felt dizzy, blurry images started to form before her. There seems to be a person in front of her, but she can’t see the person clearly. The only thing she can tell is it’s a boy. She thinks she is hallucinating, so she closed her eyes, trying to calm herself.

 “We got to find her!” A voice commanded. She felt herself twisted back to reality, her consciousness slowly regaining. As she opened her eyes, she saw a silvery hair, a blurry figure. Then, The next moment he vanished out of thin air.

She was confused at those blurry images that formed in her mind, but as she thinks harder, her head started to hurt.

Then, she realized she didn’t have time to think about what just happened as she heard the rustling of the footsteps getting near.

All that was on her mind was that she had to run quickly. Surrounding her were tall trees, grasses, and mud. When she glanced back, she can faintly see the figure of the people behind the leaves. They were wondering, searching carefully in the woods, so she knew that they haven’t noticed her location yet. She carefully tried to back out to the safe zoom, far from them.

“Crunch,” she accidentally stepped on a branch. Adrenaline, fear rushing through her body, she tried to be still.

“She is over there,” she heard someone yelled. She knew she can’t hide anymore. She picked up her feet and tried to run as fast as she can. As she dashed through the woods, her face was scratched by the leaves, hitting her cheek, but she bit her lips to bear the pain. After a while she didn’t know how long she ran. She just kept telling herself to pick up her legs, but slowly she felt her limps were getting heavier. She saw their bodies were bridging in closer and closer to her.

*****

VOTE <3