1

…..flashback……

She still remembered the moment exactly. The very first moment she ever saw him.

It was a Monday; the start of her third month at college, and the morning had already started off badly. She had to drag herself through campus to her first period; a dizzy, complicated, evil math lecture. She was too busy contemplating why they would schedule such a class so early in the morning, when she bumped into someone. Looking up to apologize, she saw a crowd had gathered in the quad. Her mouth twitched when she saw the focus of their candid stares. He was the most beautiful person she had ever seen.

He stood by the old Cherry blossom tree in the center of the green, staring blankly into the sky, ignoring the blunt stares of the growing female crowd.

In the soft morning light, surrounded by falling cherry blossom petals, he was nothing short of magical.

She forgot about who she was, where she was supposed to be going, lost in the beauty. It wasn't until he walked away, that she let out a deep breath, she didn't know she had been holding. A bell tolled, signaling the start of the first period. Silently cursing, she ran to her class.

Entering the room just on time, she quickly took the only seat left as the lecture began. Already bored with the lecture she looked out towards the window. Her jaw dropped a fraction of an inch, there, in her class; sitting by the window was the boy from the quad. His right palm held up his chin, face tilted, looking out the window. She took in his profile, her gaze lingering over the lines of a strong jaw, sweeping down his frame. Even seated she could make out his strong frame, long back wide shoulders, and muscular arms. He was twirling an expensive looking pen in his right hand. He had long elegant fingers, like a piano player. She groaned internally, wanting to be that pen, have his hands on her.

Suddenly he turned, his eyes narrowing as they met hers. She quickly looked down pretending to take notes. Her cheeks warmed with embarrassment, she wondered how red she must appear. Fearful of being caught again, she kept her head down, but couldn't stop thinking about his eyes. Narrowed as they were with admonishment, they were nonetheless bewitching. Long dark lashes had framed his celestial blue orbs. She felt the blood rushing to her cheeks all over again.

When the bell rang he was among the first to stand. She stayed seated, lowering her head, not wanting to catch his eye as he passed. She could almost sense him get closer, and when he paused momentarily by her, she froze. “Nice notes”, he sneered, and continued to walk out. She looked down at her notebook; it was...it was blank. Her heart sank to the bottom of her stomach as she realized he knew, he knew she had been fantasizing about him. Even worse, he had mocked her for it.

 .............eight month later..............

It wasn't the best beginning to their relationship. Maybe, looking back, she should have known it wouldn't end well, that he was only going to bring her sadness. She couldn't forget him though, even after he broke her heart. She still remembered the moment exactly. The very first moment she ever saw him.

            Eight months have passed since then. She hasn’t seen him for eight months, ever since the day he left. Eight months before, she had been in Illinois, in her senior year at high school, thinking that he will be with her forever. Now think back about it, she can’t believe how foolish she is.

Right now, she is in New York going to one of the most elite university, all thanks to her good grades and test scores.

She has been in New York quite some times now, she have a job because she know the little money that her parents give her to start off won’t last forever.

**************

By one vote, you're able to help me publish my work! Please vote by going to the link below (it's also on my profile page), enter your email and hit the button "Vote for this book". http://soopllc.com/blog/book-ideas/billionaires-love-elizabeth-white/#.VR7Va8a27zI I just want you to know that your votes matter for me and it motivates me. So if you like my story, want me to continue writing, or want me to finish my book, please vote!

The prolougue was edited by @potteryroad