Chapter Thirty Seven

Everlynn was lying on her bed that night, swinging the small heart on her necklace from one end to the other and listening to the clock in her room as 8pm grew closer. 

Without really thinking much of it, she reached beneath her bed and pulled out the small box that held so many answers to her life. She reached for that small black box in the corner that looked like it may have held a necklace and began searching for answers she promised herself she would leave alone. 

The small box looked empty at first but one small tug of cardboard inside and she found that beneath that piece of cardboard there was possibly a very important letter just dying to be read. She pulled open the piece of notebook paper and began reading.

For Ever,

Two years may seem like a long time but just thinking that I may have to leave you is making me feel shaky. I just want you to know how much I love you and no matter what happens in the future, we are forever and nothing can change that.

But in case time stands in the way, I want you to wear this necklace as a reminder that in two years if you still feel the same, meet me at my house on September 7th at 10:00 am and tell me to stay.

Tell me you love me and I promise you, Everlynn Scott I will find a way to stay.

Love,

Tyler

Her eyes widen with each word while the time, date and place stand out even more than the rest and she slowly lowers the letter in her hand while her other takes hold of the pendant necklace. 

She focuses her eyes out of the bay window she somehow found herself standing in front of and notices a boy wearing dark jeans and a hoodie standing across the street. "Love is a matter of time. Forever is a matter of the heart." She whispers from memory and quickly turns, exiting her room and taking the stairs two at a time. 

We are told that moments make memories and memories can't be lost but I am here to say that memories can be lost and moments, the great moments in life, are meant to be cherished because they can be gone in the blink of an eye. But I am also proof that lost memories can be retrieved and those great moments make the best memories. 

Laura was right; a love story like ours just wouldn't be forgotten and I, Everlynn Scott, remembered everything.