Chapter Twenty Nine

"Ever!" 

Tyler shouts while violently banging on the front door. He tried desperately to see through the small windows on either side of the door but the house was dark, blocking his view. He knocked on the door once again with both fists then put his ear up to the door for a moment, hearing nothing but silence. He tried yet again to peek into the living room and his eyes widen in terror as one small arm lying in the way of sunlight catches his eye. Without thinking anything of it he immediately charges the door, breaking the hinge and making his way inside the house. 

He rushes over to Everlynn and kneels beside her, before lifting her head into his lap. 

He feels his eyes start to water as he reaches for his phone and dials the police. They may not have listened when he barged into their station but surely they would obey a frantic phone call. He quickly informs the police of his situation and ends the call, dropping the phone carelessly to the ground he moves her hair from her face and speaks softly as the tears fall down his face. 

"Come on...don't do this...don't leave me again. I can't go through this again! I know there's a reason you came back. There is a reason you're still here and it's not so fate can take you from me again! I love you, Everlynn Scott...so please...find your way back to me."