Chapter Twelve

"Okay class, today you will be paring up to work on projects concerning the Renaissance. I want you to work in groups of two and collaborate on a paper dealing with significant pieces in Renaissance history. Now...chop, chop."

This is the first time Tyler had ever been thankful for a group project. Ever since she disappeared, Tyler dreaded working with other people on school projects and people tended to find him intimidating now because he hardly ever spoke. Since that day he found out about Everylynn's disappearance he felt as though a part of him, the only good part of him, disappeared right along with her.

"Um...hey...I was wondering if maybe you wanted to be partner's? It could be a chance for me to...you know, explain things. I know it must be unnerving to walk around this school, having people look at you as if they've known you their whole life." Tyler smiles at Emily and she nods with a small smile before glancing down at the table.

"Yeah. It is a bit...unsettling." She laughs softly and stares up at him with that smile that he loved so much, the same one that made his heart jump into his throat. 

He didn't care what anyone said; this girl that was smiling up at his WAS EVERLYNN. 

She just had to be. 

It was impossible for him to even consider that this girl was anyone other than the beautiful girl he fell in love with when he was ten. 

"So, are you any good at remembering this renaissance junk?" She asks Tyler, probably trying to bring him back to reality.

"You'd be surprised at how much I remember."