Chapter Thirty Two

After reuniting with her parents, Everlynn was left alone in the white hospital room while they went to fill out paper work. 

Being alone in a hospital room with plain white walls gives you a lot of time to think and she hated the color of hospital walls even more now that she was forced to stare at them. 

People should realize by now that thinking is probably the last thing someone lying in a hospital bed wants to do so why force it upon them with white walls? Since there is nothing to stare at, no color to entice your eyes, the only thing to do is think and thinking led her down a path of very colorful emotions. 

The latest emotion was pure hatred. 

She hated Karen and Tommy for taking her away from her friends and family. 

She hated them for making her believe she was their daughter and for lying to her for the past year and a half. 

After seeing her parents she began to realize just how much she missed while she was gone. In the past two years both of her parents had acquired more gray hairs that she was sure appeared due to the stress of her disappearance. She can't even imagine the pain they must have been going through these past two years and it was all because of the people who conned her into believing they were her real parents. 

She feels sympathy for the loss of their daughter and she couldn't even begin to imagine the pain they were in when they made their decision to practically hold her captive but it doesn't excuse what they did and she is trying to find it in her heart to forgive them. 

Her heart was another thing these hospital walls were giving her time to think about and her heart was, for once, more confused than her head. 

Tyler kissed her. 

It obviously wasn't the first time either, at least not for him. 

The funny thing is, she remembers Tyler. 

She remembers playing when they were kids and she remembers their first day of middle school but the small things seemed to be missing. 

Obviously there was a huge gap of moments and memories that led to them being more than friends and those moments...those are the ones that seem to be missing. 

This past week she got to know Tyler more and more and she has yet to discover one thing about him she didn't like but he told her they were never together. 

She wondered why he would he tell her that if it wasn't true and why he would lie about their relationship when he was trying to help her remember. 

And her biggest question was why was he the only one she couldn't remember completely?

A gentle tap at the door causes her to jump slightly and bring her back to reality. She looks towards the door to find a beautiful blonde haired girl with big brown eyes and a total goof named Nathan following close behind. 

Laura gives Everlynn that same look she did in the hall the first day Everlynn met her as Emily Jenson only today there would be a very different outcome, today she would be able to answer "yes, it's me."

Laura smiles at the sound of her words and rushes forward, wrapping her arms tightly around her friend. "I thought I would never see you again." She pulls away slowly and sits down on the edge of Everlynn's bed while still clasping onto her hand.

She smiles back at Laura for a moment before glancing up at the boy starring down at her with an annoyingly familiar crooked grin. "Hey, Than."

"Hey, Lynn." 

Nathan and Everlynn always had a witty banter kind of relationship and it started with her name. He was the only person to ever use the last part of Everlynn's name as a short nickname instead of the first. She use to hate it when we were in middle school and he would always tease her about her name but then she decided to just dish out what he so gratefully dished to her. 

Him and Laura have had basically the same relationship, only in middle school Laura was always on his side. They were both popular and it was always the two of them against Everlynn. 

Tyler was never a victim of their verbal attacks and Everlynn never knew why; that is, until last night when Tyler made everything perfectly clear. 

Everlynn glances between the two of them and after the last few days she finally pieces things together she wasn't able to without past memories. She gives a small smirk at the both of them before speaking. "So...you two are together." It was more of a statement than a question but she felt it was pretty obvious. Nathan and Everlynn were never that close and the only reason for him to be here would be because of Laura.

Both of their eyes widen and they deny her accusation simultaneously. 

"What?" They both glance at each before denying it completely.

"No!" Then again as if not really sure of their previous denial.

"Well...maybe..." And again.

"...not really." 

"Yes." 

"I guess."