Chapter Twenty Five

"Thank you for helping me with all of this. Everlynn is lucky to have you." She says to Tyler as they sit down to watch the movie his mother had luckily bought a few years back.

He sits down beside her on the floor of his room with the bowl of popcorn and smiles over at her. "I was lucky to have her."

"I really hope we can bring her back." She says in a voice just barely above a whisper before popping a Raisinet in her mouth. Tyler found it imperative that they recreate the entire movie night which meant that she had to have Raisinets and he had to have Twizzlers.

"Me too." He said it so softly she wasn't even sure she heard it but the expression on his face gave it away. 

He probably found it strange that she kept talking about Everlynn as if she was another person but to her, she was and he was finally starting to realize that. The one person she only ever remembers being was Emily Jenson. She knows now that's not who she is but when your only memory is of that name and that life for the past year and a half...how can you pretend to be any different?

All of a sudden the pain in her head that she had been trying to ignore for the past hour becomes impossible to ignore. She groans in agony as her hand becomes numb, letting the box of Raisinets topple over and make a mess of the small area in Tyler's room. She doubles over and brings her knees to her chest while trying to rub her head and ease the pain.

Tyler's hovered over her quicker than lightening, his voice an urgent tone of concern. "What's wrong?! Ever?"

The pain subsides a bit and she slowly lowers her hand while he moves a strand of hair from her eyes and continues starring down at her with that loving look of concern. 

"What do you need me to do?" He asks, feeling completely helpless.

She slowly shakes her head as her eyes flutter briefly. "Nothing...it happens occasionally. I'm fine."

"Ever, if you're getting serious headaches after brain damage from a car wreck, you're not fine. You need to see a doctor, when was the last time you saw one?"

"My-" She quickly stops herself from saying 'father' out of habit. "-Tommy is a doctor. He examined me a couple weeks ago."

Tyler's eyes widen in horror as he sits up straighter. "You haven't been to a real doctor?"

She shakes her head and continues gently rubbing it to soothe the pain.

He stares at her in disbelief a moment before standing up and pacing his room. "This isn't right. Those people...there's something wrong with them, Ev. They took you away from your home! For all we know they caused your accident. For all we know they are the ones who caused your memory loss!" His voice quickly turns to terror as his strides become longer. 

She stands up and moves in front of him to block his path, placing both of her hands on his arms. "We can't go to the hospital just yet. I need to find some answers about what their angle is before we dive into this. Maybe they have a logical explanation."

Tyler's eyes widen in disbelief and he instinctively moves his hands into hers. "Explanation? Ever, there is no explanation for these people taking you from the only life you've ever known and making you believe your name is Emily Jenson and they're your parents." He shakes his head and tugs gently on her hands. "I can't let you go home tonight, we've waited too long and now it's time to go to the police."

"Just give me tonight. Let me go home and try to get some answers, if I come up short then tomorrow I promise we can both go to the police."

He lifts her hands up higher and brings them to his chest before giving her a serious look. "You promise?"

"I promise."