Chapter Twenty Eight

"I need to speak with someone, it's urgent." Tyler speaks with heavy breaths while standing at a desk in the police station, holding two pictures in one hand and desperately gripping onto the desk with the other.

One guy stands up from behind the desk and stares intently at Tyler while resting his hands neatly at the top of his belt buckle. "What can I help you with, son?"

"I know where Everlynn Scott is."

When the cop gives him a confused expression he immediately pushes the pictures forward. One picture showing the accident and the other was a recent picture of Everlynn. "Everlynn Scott, she disappeared two years ago after a car accident off I-94. She's living with a couple in a house on 469 Ridge Pine. They gave her an entirely new identity as Emily Jenson and she has no memory of her life as Everlynn Scott. I'm afraid they may have done something to her."

The man sighs and barely glances at the photos before speaking. "Look son, we know you cared for this girl very much and grieving at your age can be a difficult process but-"

He stares across the counter at the man in disbelief and suddenly all his hope is shattered like glass. "You don't believe me." He practically whispers before dropping his hands to his sides in defeat.

"Look, kid, we got a tip about someone like you coming in here and spouting off some story about this missing girl. The police have a job to do so instead of giving us extra work, why don't you just do yourself a favor and get the help you need? Go home, kid. Get some rest." The man says before sitting back down at his desk.

Tyler stares down at him in disbelief, feeling his jaw clench in anger. "What happened to serve and protect?! Everlynn Scott is alive! She lost her memory and these two nut jobs are probably holding her hostage as we speak!" He continues shouting as two other police officers come up behind him and pull him back out of the police station. "She needs your help! Why won't you believe me?!" The doors to the police station slams shut and Tyler growls loudly in anger before kicking his foot against one of the large pillars outside. He immediately runs back to his truck and starts the engine. 

If the cops weren't going to do anything, he would. 

One way or another he was going to help her. 

He wasn't prepared to lose her again.