Chap. 48: She Lay There Sleeping

(Picture of exhausted Katie Above)
*Third Person POV*

         Chris knocks on Katie's apartment door. He had to cancel his lunch plans with Katie due to his two business partners throwing a hissy fit over their next charity event. Chris felt awful about canceling his plans so he bought Katie dinner to make up for his broken promise. He knocks once more, nervous that Katie may be upset with him.
        Suddenly, the elevator dings. Tara steps out in her Tara's Sweet Treats uniform. She smiles when she sees Chris standing there with a bag of food and suit.
        "Hey there, Chris." Tara waves at him, "How was your day?"
          "Extremely long." Chris smiles, "Hey, do you by chance have a spare key to Katie's apartment? She won't answer the door."
           Tara nods. "Yeah, I can open it for you."
           Tara goes into her apartment and comes back with a key. She unlocks Katie's apartment door. They both walk in to see a dark apartment. Tara flips the lights on. Chris puts the food on the counter and looks around until he spots Katie. She lays on her stomach in her bedsheets, nude. Chris can tell that she hadn't even taken a shower yet due to the makeup on her doll like face. Chris goes and sits down beside her, brushing his hand over her bare back. He caresses her face gently with the back of his hand. Tara squeals with adoration.
        "She hadn't even took a shower." Chris says softly, "She must have been so tired. Poor Baby."
         "Well, she was probably waiting on the water to heat up." Tara comments, putting the food on the fridge for Katie, "The water in the building is busted and we only get cold showers."
          Chris looks at Tara confused. "Really? That's awful."
          Tara shrugs. "Yeah, she was probably waiting on it to warm up a smidge like it sort of does and she just fell asleep."
          Chris takes Katie's hair out of her ponytail, letting it fluff everywhere. He pulls the covers up to her shoulders, tucking her in. He adds another blanket so she won't get cold. He kisses her forehead before leaving.

Sorry the chapter so short!