Chap. 76: What Are You Going To Call Her?

(Chris & Katie Eaton's baby was born 2:41 a.m October 18th 2013)
*Third Person POV*

When Chris has went home after hearing the news of Katie and their baby being okay, he hadn't realized how messy his house was. Blood stains on floor, Copper busted down a door with wood chips all in floor, the bedsheets and mattress is covered in blood. Chris cleaned it all up at 3: 30 in the morning. He scrubbed the floor and picked p wood chips. Copper was limping around so Chris knew he had splinters in his paws. He would have to take him to the groomers early in the morning to get shaved anyways. Chris tried to get it out but Copper nipped him from the agony and pain from the needle. Due to his bloody mattress, Chris slept in the guest bedroom. As he laid down o sleep for a few hours, tossing and turning restlessly. He thought about Katie and their child. How difficult it was all going to be but knowing they will make it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drained of all energy and running on coffee, Chris steps into the hospital. He goes to the front desk. A shy nurse with braces is doing paperwork.
"Excuse me?" Chris says, she looks up at him with her brace covered smile. "My wife had a c-section last night and I was told I could see my baby in the NICU today."
The nurse fumbled through paperwork, distracted by Chris's gorgeous looks. She finds the file and smiles up at him.
"Oh, yes!" She exclaims, "I'll have Nancy bring you back there."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The nurse named Nancy brought Chris to the NICU. She told him he had to wear special gear and had to greatly scrub his hands and arms before she could allow him back in the NICU. As they made their way through the NICU nursery of incubators, Chris looked in all the incubators at the babies who were born prematurely or was born with health problems. Chris froze when Nancy stopped at an incubator and took the plastic clipboard, writing things down. Chris's hands began to tremble, his heart racing.
"Is this her?" Chris says softly, already swelling with tears.
Nancy nods. "Yup."
Chris makes his way over to the side of the incubator. The angelic sight before him brings him to heavy tears. There, laying in the incubator, is his daughter. He bends over, beaming at this precious sight. He can't help but notice the little cast on her hand and the stitches on her other arm. It looks like her arm had been sliced and it had to be stitched together. Dr. Brooke's mentioned something to him about the stranger hand but not sliced. It'll leave a permit scar. Chris puts his fingers through the NICU incubator, knowing he wasn't allowed to touch her yet. But how could he not?
Chris begins to talk softly to her.
"Hi there, my little Princess." Chris says softly, his finger inching towards her blotched skin. "I'm Daddy. Yeah, I'm your daddy."
Suddenly, Chris's finger brushes up against the baby's skin. It's so soft and warm, so gentle. Chris wishes he could give his baby a kiss or at least hold her. Even for just a moment. But this is as close as he can get.
"You're so beautiful." Chris says with more tears in his eyes, "I can't believe you're finally here! You have your mommy's nose—thank God."
Nancy chuckles at him. "So what are you going to call her? Name her, I mean?"
Chris shrugs. "I don't know. I'm going to wait until my wife and I and our Little Princess can all three be in the same room. We'll name her together. For now, she's Princess."

I do not own picture of baby! I found it on internet and thought it would be good for this chapter! AND I want to warn all of you a head of time. I will be time skipping ALOT. Think of it as time just flies when you have a child and raise them. I REALLY want this to be a super long story. Like almost 200 chapters long story, but I feel like I will either get to around 150 chapters or over 200 chapters. I don't really know but I want to make it long and #familygoals. The struggle is not yet over between Katie and Chris's new family, and there's ALOT of drama coming your way. Don't hate me later! I fully warned you here and now. It will all workout in end...maybe. JUST KIDDING! I'm sure it will. I will update soon! Enjoy the rest of your evening, all of you are loved and appreciated ❤️🙏🏼