Chap. 28: Bar Fight

(Picture of Balsey Quinn Above)
*Third Person POV*

         Chris and Balsey sit at the sports bar, watching Boxing on the flat tv above. Balsey has called him and said he wanted to talk. So far, only Chris has gotten any word in.
         "And she still doesn't know a thing?" Balsey says as he takes a sip of his whiskey.
            Chris shakes his head, a smile dancing on his plump lips. "Nope."
           "Well, if I had a multimillionaire after my p***y, I wouldn't want the job anyway." Balsey says dryly.
            "You should have seen her face. She lit up like a Christmas tree! I never want to see anything other than that face." Chris notices how his friend shifts in his seat, how quiet and more grumpy than usual he is. "Balsey, why did you call me here?"
          Balsey shakes his head, sniffing. "You need to dump this little girl now, Bro. She's going to rip your heart out if you go any farther."
Chris stares at his friend confused, unable to find words. A few tears escape Balsey's grey eyes. He thinks of what could have caused Balsey to react this way.
"I caught Beth in bed with the lawn maintenance guy yesterday when I got home from the bar." Chris's heart breaks, "I really enjoyed throwing him into the pool. Unfortunately, Bath also threw her wedding ring."
Chris puts a hand on his friends shoulder, feeling guilty about talking about his relationship first. Balsey nods, sniffing.
"She's taking the kids with her. Beth says she's tired of being married to a drunk." Balsey shrugs, "I've never beat or misused her. I've never cheated. I've always been there for the kids. I've always supported every hair-brained scheme she get us into. And now, it's over."
Chris is at kiss for words. How can he comfort his friend in his troubled time? Balsey and Beth seemed so happy.
"Do you have a place to stay? I always have room—" Chris offers.
"No, thanks man." Balsey wipes his eyes, "She already has a lover—and it's not the lawn maintenance guy either."
Chris chuckles. "I never liked Beth anyways."
"I can only see Elizabeth and Jamie on Friday and the weekend." Balsey stares at the boxing fight on the screen above them, "It's not enough, Eaton. It's not enough! But Beth threatened that I had to be okay with it and her affair or she'd put charges against me due to my 'alcohol addiction'."
Chris shakes his head, taking a sip of beer. "Bitch."
Balsey nods. "You know, Beth used to be shy and sweet like that Katie girl you're dating."
Chris gives Balsey a sharp look. "Hey, I'm Katie's first boyfriend. She had never been kissed before me. I'm her first love."
Balsey shakes his head slowly, looking away. "Listen, I know I'm hurt and beat down because my wife is a no-good, rotten, little whore, but I don't want you to get hurt. Okay, Chris? You may be her first love, but she'll get bored with you. She'll find somebody else to toy with and you'll be a distant memory—"
"Shut up!" Chris says angrily, "Katie is good. Pure. She is NOT Beth."
          Balsey smirks. "They are ALL like Beth."
          In a rush, Chris punches Balsey. The dark haired man with grey eyes falls to the floor, in shock from the impact. The bartender peaks his head out of his little doorway, half dressed from making out with a waitress. Balsey staggers to his feet, slowly throwing his fist at Chris. Chris dodges the punching knocks Balsey back. The two fall to the floor and throw punches as they wrestle it out. A drunk crowd gathers around and cheers the two on. The bartender, quickly dressing himself, rushes to stop the brawl. Balsey flips them over, throwing a hard punch to Chris's jaw. Pain spreads through the light-brown haired man's face, groaning at the pain. He knees Balsey in the crotch and shoves him off of him. The two are too drunk and tired to continue fighting. The bartender breaks up the gathered crowd and stands at the foot of the two men. He sneaked his head at the two of them.
          Balsey gasps, blood running out of his nose. "Is that offer on the spare room still on the table?"
            Chris sighs. "Yeah, just don't leave any beer bottles around the house."