Chap. 49: This Isn't A Negotiation

*Third Person POV*

Ever since Katie started working for Blue Reads Publishing Company, she has had very little time to spare for Chris. Every phone call is short and she is always too tired or too busy to talk. Chris almost wishes he hadn't of secretly got her the job in the first place. He has been spending a lot more time at his parents house and with Andrew.
Chris sits on his brothers couch watching basketball, wishing Katie was sitting in his lap cuddling him. Andrew had invited Uncle Joe, Balsey, Adam, and Chris who brought Copper along.
"So, Chris," Scott says to Chris, sipping on a margarita "How is Katie doing at her new job? Is she enjoying her time there?"
Chris shrugs. "I actually don't know. Ever since I got her the job, her and I haven't even had one decent conversation. I really miss her."
"Aww." Scott says sympathetically.
Uncle Joe rolls his eyes with Balsey. Andrew walks in and sits down on Scott's lap, both smiling warmly at each other. Adam nods to Chris.
"Then whose been your cuddle buddy?" Adam says curiously.
"My cuddle buddy lately has been the one who drinks out of the toilet." Chris lightly groans, scratching Copper's ears. "I guess I'm being selfish. But I wish Katie was miserable and wanted to quit, then I would have her all to myself."
Balsey rolls his eyes. "She's just a chick, man."
"No arguing during the game!" Andrew says annoyed, "Besides, Katie has her dream job right? Shouldn't you be happy for her?"
"Females are trouble." Uncle Joe says annoyed. "They fog the mind."
Andrew shrugs. "And that's why I'm gay."
  Chris, Scott, and Balsey chuckle at Andrew. Adam clears his throat loudly, taking a drink of his rum coke. The others give him a confused look.
"The guys and I have been talking..." Chris gives Adam a dagger like look, "They feel bad about what happened three weeks ago."
Chris rolls his eyes. "Yeah, I'm sure they do."
"They want to make a truce, Man." Adam sighs, "They said that they are willing to apologize if you don't allow your girlfriend—"
"No." Chris cuts him off.
"But you didn't let me—"
"Not going to happen." Chris takes a drink of his beer, "I won't mistreat Katie."
"I'm sure you, me, and the guys can negotiate around this issue—"
"This isn't a negotiation, Adam." Chris says with a twisted smile, ticked off. "There will always be room for her and if need to, I'll make room."
Adam is silent. Balsey takes an awkward drink with Scott and Andrew. Uncle Joe shakes his head.
Uncle Joe turns the tv up louder. "She has you whipped, Nephew."
Chris shrugs, smiling to himself as he puts Copper. "Yeah."

Sorry the chapter so short!