Chap. 90: I'm Sure

(Picture of Eaton Family Above)
*Third Person POV*

         "Well, Chloe, Halloween is coming up. This will be your first year to trick-or-treat." Katie smiles, a twinkle in her eyes. "What do you want to be?"
         "A boss." Chloe answers, making her father chuckle.
            "A boss?" Katie nods, cutting her teriyaki chicken on her plate "I thought that was what you wanted to be when you grew up?"
           Chloe turns to her father. "I'm gonna be someone's boss, like you!"
            Chris smiles at his little girl, his mind wondering over the chaos that went on a few nights ago. There's a chance Chris and Andrew may not be Steven's biological sons. They are going in for a DNA test to see the day after Halloween, which is Andrew's birthday. Chris has disowned his mother for the time being and wants to be as distant from his messed up family until he finds out who he belongs to. That is, Chris is going to stay away from everybody but his wife, child, and his brother. Steven left Lauren and their big house and is crashing at Loni's.
         Katie puts her hand on her husbands. Chris is interrupted from his train of thoughts. He looks back at his wife.
             "Are you okay?" Katie says slow, hesitant. "Do you want to talk about it?"
             Chris narrows his eyes. "No, I don't want to talk about my shit show of a family."
              Chloe's mouth makes a perfect 'o'. Katie gives Chris a look, one that tells him to watch his mouth.
                "I just want to have a normal family—." Chris says uneven, "meal. At least one. Please."
             "Okay, but we're going to have to talk about it sooner or later." Katie goes back to eating, "Chloe needs as much family as she can."
           "Chloe isn't going to be raised in a chaotic environment like I was growing up." Chris says firmly, "My child has two parents who love her unconditionally and who love each other. I'm not going to put Chloe in that situation. She's going to have the life every child should have."
               Chris cuts his steak angrily, making Chloe giggle. He slows down and smiles to himself. They all begin to eat their food when a certain sound sends chills down Katie's spine.
               "Kaylee Morgan!" The familiar voice makes Katie drop her knife and fork.
              Both Katie and Chris turn to see a horrific sight. Chris's old friends are all walking towards them. In Dominique's grasp, a rambunctious Hannah Strucker is dragging him along. Katie takes Chris's firm hand and internally panics. She mentally thinks to herself, what are we going to do to get rid of them?
         Unlike Katie, though. the only person Chris sees is the woman he cheated with before he decided that Katie was the one. That woman, same red hair and green eyes, is Rachael. She spots Chris and smiles, slowly making her way over. Guilt tugs on Chris's heart as flashes of that night appear in his head. He had tried to forget it, trying to pretend like it had never happened. Will Rachael remember him? Chris hopes not.
             Hannah stops when she sees Chloe, freezing. She stretches a smile and bats her eyes in Chris's direction. Katie tightens her grip on Chris's hand.
              "Well, after all these years, I finally see you two settled down!" Hannah says happily, "I have settled down myself, with Dummy."
               "It's Dominique, sweetie." Dominique corrects her gently.
                 Hannah glares at him annoyed. "Whatever."
                 "Oh?" Katie says, keeping an eye on thoughtless Chloe eating her chicken tenders. "You sounds happy."
                "Oh, I am!" Hannah turns to Dominique, "Dummy, please find us a seat. It was nice to see you again, Kaylee!"
                "You too." Katie says with an obvious fake smile, feeling gritty.
               Chris gulps his saliva as Rachael stops beside him. When Katie turns to Chris, she sees a redheaded woman standing there, slightly glancing her way. From the wedding band on her finger, Rachael is married. Then Jason appears, his face dark. Something hot and spiteful burns  in Chris's core, making him angry.
                  "Eaton." Jason growls.
                 Chris glares daggers at him. "Coin."
                 Jason roughly kisses Rachael's temple, keeping eye contact with Chris the entire time. Katie watches this confused. She remembers the verbal fight that went on between Chris and his friends five years ago, how she had to leave the room because she couldn't stand to hear the awful things that was being said about her. It was the same day Chris took her virginity.
           Jason goes to where Dominique and Hannah are seated. Rachael stays behind, shyly standing there.
            "Rachael!" Jason barks across the room.
            Rachael rolls her eyes. "I'm sorry about him. He's just jealous from, well, you know."
             Katie gives Chris a confused look, wondering how Chris knew this very attractive woman. She had perfect, ivory skin with no scars. The perfect body type and emerald eyes. Katie already hated this woman with a passion and she didn't know who she is.
         "Rachael Sterling." The redheaded woman says to Katie. "Soon to be Coin."
           "I'm Chris's wife." Katie says with a dangerous look in her eyes, "Katie."
         Something in Rachael's eyes light up, her smile fading. Chris stares between the two women, his heart pounding. He wants it all to end. To go back to normal. Rachael quickly looks Katie up and down, finally noticing the child at the table. She freezes, forcing a smile.
             "Well, Katie, you must be the perfect woman." Rachael says coldly, her smile warm. "Especially if you can tie this player down."
          Katie stares at the woman confused. Katie wonders if Rachael is one of Chris's ex's. Probably, she thinks. Chris loudly clears his throat.
          "I think Jason is waiting on you." Chris says nervously, his hands shaking.
            "Mm, yeah." Rachael stalks Chris as she starts to walk away, "Playboy player."
             When Rachael is fat enough away, Katie can not contain herself any longer.
             "Who was THAT?!" Katie hisses annoyed, her brows furrowed.
              It takes all of Chris's strength to look at her without crying. He is quiet for a few minutes, scared out of his mind. Fearful of all that he could lose. Should he tell the truth or should he be honest with the wife he had always dreamed of since he had his first heartbreak in junior high?
              "Let's talk about it later." Chris says under his breath to Katie.
              Chris starts to cut his steak. Katie grabs his fork and hides it from him, making him look at her.
               "Who was the little tramp?" Katie says angrily, trying to quiet her voice.
                Chris sighs, looking to Chloe who is minding her own business by playing with her cheese and broccoli. He decided to tell the truth, partly.
                 "Rachael and I hooked up once at a campaign in New York that I was hosting." Chris sighs, scratching the back of his head. "It's nothing, Bebe. She's just mad because I found somebody else."
              "Are you sure?" Katie says firmly, her eyes fiery.
               "Yes, mi amor." Chris says confidently, "I'm sure."

Okay, so what do you think is gonna happen next huh? Is Katie going to find out what REALLY happen or can Chris continue to keep his dirty little secret hidden? Comment below what you thought of this chapter and what you think will happen next. The answers may shock you 😨😰😱