Chap. 29: Meeting the Parents pt. 1

(Picture of Katie Morgan & Chris Eaton Above)
*Katie's POV*

When Chris told me he wanted me to meet his family, I didn't know what to say. I couldn't say no because that's just rude. My anxiety has been bad all week. Chris told me to wear something casual but not sweatpants or a hoodie. I told him that I wouldn't dream of meeting his family in my ratty sweats. So I threw on a pair of black jeans and a matching top, fluffed my hair a bit. A pair of red heels that kill me but I have to somewhat try to look good.
Chris picked me up at 6 and drove me to his parents house. Chris held my hand as he drove, caressing my soft skin as he his eyes focused on the road. I has noticed Chris's busted lip when I got in and he told me he would explain later. His parents house is HUGE, very extravagant. Not my crammed little apartment with the majority of my stuff on the floor.
My eyes are focused on the beautiful mansion. "Baby, are you sure I'm dressed—"
"Yes, Darling." Chris leans over and kisses my cheek sweetly, "You're gorgeous tonight."
"But, I feel underdressed—"
Chris sighs. "Katie, be yourself. Okay? No need to be anxious."
I smirk. "Easy for you to say. Phff, extroverts."
Chris pulls into the driveway behind a neon orange Mustang, a unique looking motorcycle, and a candy red Sedan. He gets out and walks around the car to open the door for me. Chris is such a gentleman! He helps me out and walks me to the front door. The millions of stairs KILL me as Chris holds my back gently. He rings the doorbell. I begin to smooth down my shirt and jeans.
"Katie," I turn to Chris, who is giving me a soft look "you look perfect."
Chris rings the doorbell again. The porch light flips on. The door opens and there stands a younger woman at the door. She stares between the two of us in confusion. She has long, thin brown hair and dark blue eyes. Not particularly pretty but I have no room to judge.
"Where's your lady friend?" Young woman talks through her nostrils, "Is this her daughter? Her niece?"
Chris rolls his eyes at her. "No, Loni. THIS is Katie Morgan."
Loni looks me up and down, snarling her nose at me. Her blue eyes look back up into mine, her expression cold. Loni scoffs at Chris as she eyes me. I try to smile at her but she continues to snarl at me. I shyly look away, feeling like a speck of dirt in this place.
"She looks like a Bratz Doll from south of the border." Chris takes my hand and squeezes. "Did you find her at Hooters? At your last event in Texas?"
"Loni, don't be a bitch." Chris says to her annoyed, reminding me of Halee. "Katie and I met at a club."
Loni smiles at him wickedly, worrying me. "I'll tell mom you're here."
"No, no!" Chris starts but Loni is gone, "Phff, little sisters."
We step into the unusually warm house. I thought it would have been freezing inside. Oh, the inside? It's a dream! Luxurious round staircase, beautifully woven tapestry on the wall, title floor that looks like fragile glass, a sweet fragrant smell in the air. Much better than my messy little apartment I'll tell you. Chris kisses my temple as he walks us further into the house.
I hear voices ahead. My heart races as we pass GORGEOUS rooms. I try not to stare or look but I had to keep my mind off my racing heart in my ears. They have a small home gym, a study, a mini library with a spiral staircase, a glorious bathroom, AND a magazine worthy kitchen.
When we step into the kitchen, I can see Loni talking to a blonde woman with a pointy nose. She's very pretty. I'm assuming she is Chris's mother. She turns and looks in our direction—God, her hazel eyes are cold like Loni's. But she still stretches a smile. Chris goes and hugs her tightly.
                "Oh, Christopher!
A bald man steps through one of the beautiful slide door that lead out to an even more beautiful, green back yard. He carries an empty pan.
          Chris turns and motions for me to come over. I shyly walk over with my head slightly lowered. But when I look up, I see horror on Chris's mothers face. My gut clenches and deep down I know that she already doesn't like me. Chris wraps a firm arm around my body, squeezing me into his body.
     "Mom, Pops," Chris nods to his father, who gives me a curious smile "this is Katie Morgan. She is the girl I've been talking about."
Whoa, Craporito! Chris has told them about me? I look to him in surprise. Chris talked about me? A smile dances on my lips. Chris winks at me before turning back to his mother, causing me to have heart flutters. WAIT! If he told his parents about me, then why does his mother look so....
            Chris's mother nods slowly, looking me up and down in a snobby way. "Oh"
         I extend a hand, at least trying to be friendly. "Hello, it's so nice to meet you."
          Chris's mother does NOT extend a hand whatsoever, but Chris's father does. In fact, he pulls me into a tight hug. I can't help but blush at the friendly action. The man lets me go and smiles down at me happily, I return the gesture.
           "Well Chris didn't tell us how beautiful you were, Sweetheart." He turns to Chris with a goofy grin, I blush at his words. "Does she have a single Aunt half as pretty as her?"
            "Steven!" Chris's mother snaps at him, causing the room to quiet down.
            Chris's father, Steven, rolls his eyes. He winks down at me, causing my cheeks to get warm. He's really nice, but in a harmless, pervy father sort of way. Every family has one, whether it's an Uncle or an In-Law. In mine, it's my Uncle Antonio on my mother's side. Harmless, but still a perv.
         "Don't let the Ole Ball & Chain scare you." Steven says, making me grin. "She's got a lotta bark, but her bite..."
          "We need the chicken to be Barbecued. Now." Chris's mother snaps again, making us all cringe.
            Steven chuckles and shakes his head, stealing a kiss on the cheek on his wife. She glares at him and swats him away. Loni rolls her eyes and walks to another room.
"Katie," Chris says annoyed, glaring at his mother "this is my mother Lauren."
"Thank you for letting me join you for dinner." I try to think of something nice to say, "Chris has told me so much about you."
Lauren nods, her lips pursed. "Yes, well, he left out a few 'minor' details about you."
Confused and feeling as if that were a threat, I try to make a peace treaty to maybe make it not so tense. But Chris quickly puts his arm around my body and pulls me along. He glares at his mother.
"Wh-Where are we going? I can help if she needs me to. I don't mind." I hate not helping out, I feel INCREDIBLY rude. "I can set the table or wash dishes!"
Chris kisses my forehead sweetly. "Nah, I wanna show you around."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So Chris showed me around the house where he grew up. It only made me feel worst. I was afraid to touch anything or sit anywhere. I seriously feel like a speck of dirt in this nice, clean house. But Chris held my hand and kept guiding me everywhere. We even ran into his handsome gay brother, Andrew, coming out of his bedroom with his boyfriend. They were extremely nice to me, much nicer than Lauren or Loni. I figure that it's because they just don't know me too well. And what did Lauren mean anyway about Chris leaving out 'minor' details about me?
Chris opens a door that is the closest to the stairs. I can't help but wonder what could be behind this door. At first, it's dark and GOD IT STINKS LIKE SWEATY SOCKS—CRAPORITO I'M BLINDED BY A BRIGHT LIGHT! I rub my eyes until I stop seeing spots.
When I finally open my eyes after gaining back my full vision, I can see a teenagers bedroom. No, a teenage BOYS bedroom. No, wonder it stinks so bad in here. Chris looks to me and kisses the back of my hand gently. I blush.
"So, let me take a guess." I say with a smile, "This is your old room."
Chris nods. "Yep, same room I slept in since the day my parents brought me home from the hospital."
Chris pulls me into his arms, kissing the top of my head as we lightly sway. I look around, feeling rude and as if I were prying. I see football, golfing, and boxing posters and tickets framed up on the wall. Even a signed football jersey above his shirt twin bed. Suddenly I spot the reflection of a poster of a bunch of swimsuit models wearing TINY bikini's with everything hanging out on the closet body mirror. I expect nothing less. I quickly look away, burying my head into Chris's firm chest.
"What does your room look like?" Chris has twinkling stars in his eyes.
His hand gently brushing up against my jawline. His thumb lightly brushes over my lips. I give him a confused smile.
"What? You saw my room when you brought donuts—" I start
"I meant your room at your parents house." Chris continues to brush thumb over my soft pink painted lips, "I feel silly for asking really."
I blush pink. "Well, it's a tiny box compared to yours. I don't know what it's like now, but it was pink and zebra print. It was the hottest room in the house."
Chris gives me a goofy grin, slightly reminding me of his father. "Wild."
I wrap my arms around his neck, giving him a peck on the lips. He presses his lips to mine firmly, breathing heavily out his nostrils. Our lips smack, making me shift on the malls of my feet. He runs a hand over my hair.
"I think I need to go help your mom." I put my thumb on his lips, "I don't want her to think that I'm rude or lazy."
Chris tightly wraps me in his beefy arms, kissing my cheek. "Nah, I want you all to myself. Nobody else is allowed to have your attention. Only me."
"Damn, lover boy Chris is at it again." I hear an unfamiliar voice say behind us. Chris freezes. "Tisk , tisk. If only Auntie Lauren could see what's going on in her house."
Chris quickly turns halfway around, just enough so I can get a view of whose talking. His blue eyes are wild and frantic. A semi-handsome guy with a rat like nose stands in the doorway wearing all black. This guy eyes me wickedly. Like the Devil himself.
"Ian, get the hell out of my room!" Chris growls, "And DO NOT tell me Uncle Joe is here too."
Ian smiles wickedly at Chris. He walks away slowly, winking at me. Why does Chris not want his Uncle here? I can tell by Chris's shaking hands that it's not a very good reason.