Chap. 14: Yes Dear

(Picture of Chris's family Above)
*Third Person POV*

            It's been three days since Chris left Katie's apartment angry and frustrated. He was really enjoying himself. He even got to kiss her! A good kiss that he had been longing for since he sobered up and wanted to have a better second date. Now, Chris's heart just hurts. He's stared at his cellphone and thought about dialing her number, but doesn't want to make bings worse or seem clingy. He laughed at the thought of HIM not wanting to be the one to be clingy in a relationship. Maybe trying to talk it all out would help, Chris really doesn't want to lose Katie. Katie is so real and sweet and simple than any of the other girls he had dated. So perfect in Chris's eyes. Her words hurt him, indeed it caused a wound. But it did not endure or puncture his affection for her. Not in the slightest.
         Chris reminds himself that Katie is inexperienced and she has never had a relationship before. He wonders if she went off on him because she's afraid of getting hurt. Maybe Katie just wanted to test him the way he had tested her at the end of their second date. Chris hadn't realized that night how much she truly needed him and he did have a last minute meeting with a few friends over their upcoming event. He had felt bad about it too. Now he feels even worse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

              "You aren't eating." The sound of Chris's mother's voice breaks his daze, "Do we need to put the beer up?"
             Chris's mother had said that to him. Her curious eyes locked on her oldest son. Andrew, Chris's younger brother, looks between everyone at the table. Chris's father, Steven, stares at his wife in shock.
           "Woman, don't mess with my liquor." He says with a small smile, making her take his hand in his. "I have an early start tomorrow and I can only have so much of my fine wine tonight. The flu is going around again."
             "Chris? What's going on sweetie?" Lauren, Chris's mom, says worriedly. "Are you on weed again?"
              Steven chuckles. "Obviously not. Boy doesn't have the munches."
             "I'm fine mom." Chris forces a bite of his spaghetti, "I just haven't been sleeping very well."
             "What's on your mind?" Lauren says in a phycologist way.
            Andrew lowers his head as his mother looks to him. Loni giggles under her breath. Chris rubs his eyes.
            "Is it a girl?" Lauren says.
            "Isn't it always?" Andrew kicks Loni in the shin, making her scream. "Ouch! MOM! ANDREW KICKED ME!"
               "Who is she?" Lauren says, "How long have you known her? Why haven't you brought her over to have dinner with us? Is she nice—"
              "Mom, let's skip the 20 questions. Please." Chris groans, "She's not as experienced as I am—in relationships and such, and I think she she's trying to run from me."
              "Then let her run." Steven says as he chews on his meatball, "Don't chase after a woman who doesn't want to be chased. It'll bring you bad luck."
              "I don't want to give her up on me just because nobody has properly given her what she deserves." Chris sighs, running a hand over his beard. "And I want to be the one who does."
             Lauren smiles at her son. "So romantic. You get that from me."
            "Hey!" Steven says with his mouth full.
             Lauren pats her husbands hand. "Steven, don't talk with your mouth full."
             "Yes, dear."