Chap. 35: Rachael

(Picture of Rachael Sterling Above)
*Third Person POV*

          All Saturday, Chris played at the charity event for the Staving Children program. He had missed Katie, wishing he could have seen her enjoy herself there with the many orphan children. Andrew just drank beer and talked to the gay men and transgender men. That was a big controversy among the Democratic and Republican supporters of the event. It infuriated Chris because the event was supposed to bring people together, not cause anymore diversity.
            Despite all the people, Chris felt alone seeing all the children and families there at the event. It reminded him yet again that he is a 38-year-old man whose not married, doesn't have any kids, who lives alone with his dog, eats with his parents too often, and that the time is ticking on his time. Chris really felt that Katie was his last possible hope at having the life he always wanted to have. That's why he silently was jealous of Balsey for quite some time. The dream wife who adores him as much as he adores her, who gives him his children who he spoils rotten.
           Chris feels foolish for thinking that a young girl would really want him for the right reasons. He considers what Andrew said, that perhaps Katie wasn't cheating and she really meant what she said. But Chris calls Ian to make sure, which went straight to voicemail.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

         Saturday night came even more loneliness to Chris. Almost everyone had a date and he would watch from the bar at the hotel at the couples dancing. He tried to imagine himself dancing with Katie in his arms. Chris imagines her dolled up in a silky, backless red dress with her hair curled and parted on the side. Chris imagines his mischievous hands slowly placing themselves on her buttocks, having Katie blush the way she does. The way she would bury her face into his chest as he whispers sweet nothings in her ear, causing her to pull him tight against her as she stares up into his eyes so innocently. Them running upstairs to have a night full of such passionate, long awaited sex that Chris has only ever imagined during the restless part of the night. But Katie's not there and he stands alone at the bar, watching Andrew pig out with the jumbo shrimp.
           "Guess I'm not the only one who came without a date." A feminine voice says smoothly.
           Chris snaps out of his steamy daydream of all the deliciously naughty things he wants to do to Katie's untouched body (I'm sorry if this is TOO detailed 😖). The 38-year-old billionaire turns to see a beautiful woman with short red hair and big green eyes. A lot of her pale skin, mainly her cleavage, is revealing for all eyes to see. Her tight black dress perfect on her body. Chris nervously swallows his spit in his mouth.
           "Who says I'm alone?" Chris says with a small smile.
            The woman smirks at him and gets closer. She turns and looks at the crowd on the ballroom floor. Chris does this as well.
             "I'm Rachael. Rachael Sterling." The pretty redhead says to Chris, flashing a beautiful smile.
               "Bond. James Bond." Rachael laughs at Chris's joke, causing an attraction to her weird laugh. "No, I'm actually not that cool. I'm Chris Eaton."
              "Oh wow! You're one of the genius CEO's who organized this event." Rachael says interested, "I think what you're doing is amazing. I was a foster kid myself."
              "Oh, well, I'm glad that I've captured a few hearts with my cause."  Chris says happily, thinking about Katie.
               "How did a handsome billionaire manage to come to his own party without a date?" Rachael says curiously, "Unless she or he is around here somewhere."
             "No, I—um, my brother is around here somewhere." Chris realizes how it sounds, "My original date, a female of our species by the way, didn't want to come for reasons that she never made clear."
             Suddenly, Rachael is in front of Chris. Her green eyes stare up into his lustfully, her hand caressing the side of his face. Chris's heart pounds hard in his chest.
           "Then let me, a real woman, make this clear—" Rachael leans in close to Chris, her cherry red lips millimeters away from his ear. "Take me up to your suite now, and I'll give you a night you won't be able to forget."
           Chris closes the gap and kisses her softly, his hands firmly holding her face. Rachael slowly pulls away, causing Chris to follow her lips. She smiles up at him and laughs her dorky laugh. Chris begins to wonder if it's the fact he is mad at Katie, those green eyes of Rachael's, or the four shots of hard liquor, but Chris thinks that Rachael is VERY attractive.
             "Wait for me in the lobby." Chris drunkenly whispers in Rachael's ear, "I'll be right there."
               "Okay," Rachael bites his ear teasingly "lover."
                Chris's heart races in his chest. He stumbles over to Andrew, who enjoys his plate of jumbo shrimp very much. Chris grabs his younger brother's shoulder to steady himself.
                   "T-Take my phone." Chris says in Andrew's face, "I'm going up-upstairs."
            Andrew fans the air around his face, disgusted. "I think that's a great idea, Big Bro."
              Chris grabs Andrew's drink and drinks it down quickly. He wipes his lips with Andrew's napkin, turning around and he stumbles out of the ballroom of the hotel.