Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Luke’s POV

I flopped on the couch as Avery left. I ran my fingers through my hair, thinking. I know I’ve seen her before, but where? It was so strange. I was positive I knew her. Yet, I was positive I have never seen her before in my life. I would’ve remembered her. She wasn’t a fan, so she definitely wouldn’t have been at one of our meet and greets before. Maybe I’ve bumped into her on the street before?

“Who was that girl?” Jai asked, flopping down on the couch beside me. I groaned in annoyance. “What?”

“Yeah, who was she? She was hot” Beau said, sitting down on the other couch. He had an apple in his hand.

“Beau!” I snapped.

“What, she was!” He retaliated.

“Beau shut-up. Who was she?” Jai said, shooting a glance at Beau.

“Her name’s Avery” I said, hesitantly. I didn’t know if I wanted to tell my brothers about her. The last thing I need is getting shit off them.

The last time I bought a girl home was when I was 15 and that was for a school project. I didn’t even like her, and if I did, I didn’t stand a chance with her. She was popular, the most beautiful girl in the school, and I was a low life scum who got bullied by everyone. Not exactly the odds you want to get with her. Anyway, after she left, my brothers tormented me for weeks saying that I totally had a crush on her. Also, not to mention Beau had heard me talking in my sleep last night, about, the girl in the red converse. I have a feeling he’s going to make fun of me when he can about that.

“And?” Jai said. “You can’t leave us hanging mate”

“Yeah, we need to know where this chick lives!” Beau exclaimed.

“Why, so you can go flirt her up? Not a chance Beau” I remarked.

“Well, if you’ve already called dibs-“

“I didn’t call dibs. I’m saying, you don’t have a chance. She won’t go for a guy like you” I said, cutting him off.

“Why won’t she?” Jai spoke up.

“Yeah, Luke, why won’t she go for a guy like me?” Beau said, rolling his eyes. I could tell he was being sarcastic, but I chose to ignore it.

“She goes to the Melbourne Ballet Academy. You know, the MBA? Have fun trying to get to her”

“Yeah, you don’t have a chance Beau. Unless you were a world famous ballet dancer” Jai laughed.

“Okay, yeah whatever” Beau paused. “What the fuck was she doing over here then?”

“I ran into her on the street and I invited her over” I replied. “She had a massive bruise on her shoulder, so she came over and I fixed it up for her as much as I could”

“If she goes to MBA, what the hell was she doing on the street?” Beau asked.

“She was ditching class, so she still had on her, whatever you call it” I replied.

“Leotard. It’s a leotard” Jai said.

“So-“

“I’m going to my room. You guys are being annoying!” I said, standing up. I quickly hurried off into my room, closing the door behind me.

Even though I was in my room, I could still hear their conversation. “He so likes her”

“Maybe she’s the girl he’s been dreaming about last night”

“I wouldn’t be surprised if they kissed!”

And here goes Beau telling Jai all about me dreaming about the girl in the red converse. I groaned and opened my laptop, putting up iTunes and plugging in my earphones. I listened to music, drowning the rest of the world out. I didn't know who the girl in the red converse was, so how could I like her? And, I hardly know Avery, so how could I like her as well. Whoever these girls were though, they gave me butterflies in my stomach.