31 || Everything About You

Evie's POV

I haven't really been myself since my last session with Dr. Spencer. Whenever I'd fall asleep and dream, I would always freak out and think that Harry might not be in it anymore. It has affected my real life even worse. I haven't been eating as much and I've always been staring into space - according to my colleagues, at least.

After work, I went straight to Zayn and Louis' shop to bring them dinner and eat there as well.

Since Zayn was busy tattooing a customer's sleeve, I went to the counter where Louis was just to ask him a few questions. I haven't had the chance to talk to him since the night I dreamt about him for the second time and I've been dying to get some answers.

"That's the first customer Zayn has attended to in days," Louis remarked as he counted today's income from the safe. "He hasn't been doing anything else but take care of his immigration."

"Tell me about it," I agreed, plopping myself on the single couch beside the counter. "I rarely see him at home unless I stay up late, which doesn't happen very often."

Louis frowned. "He comes home late too? That's strange."

"Why so?"

"He doesn't really take care of any paperwork for the big move after his shift here," Louis said. "At least that's what I know, because he always tells me he'll be heading home."

"Oh," I replied silently. "Maybe he goes out to unwind or something. He normally comes home really cranky so I always assume he's taking care of the move."

"Well, maybe he is," Louis shrugged. He took his share of the income and stuffed the bills in his pocket. "So anyway, how's everything going for you? Are you okay with moving to New York?"

"I guess so," I answered. "It's not like my job now is that hard to leave."

"Really?" Louis didn't look so convinced with my answer. "It's that easy for you to just move out of the country in two weeks?"

"Why do I get the feeling that you're fishing for a different answer?" I chuckled.

Louis rolled his eyes as he took a bite of his burger. "I'm not. I just thought you'd want to think about it first. You've lived in England all your life. I'm actually surprised that Zayn is taking this so lightly, like he's completely confident that you're okay with everything."

"Maybe it's because he knows that there's no other choice anyway," I pointed out. "We won't break up just because of a move, and there's no way I'm forcing him to stay here and not get the job. I'm really happy for him and I know he's always dreamt of accomplishing something this big."

"Man I'm going to miss you two," he groaned, ruffling the top of his hair with his hand. "I need to find a new couple to bug the moment you guys leave me."

"Or you can get a girlfriend," I suggested with a laugh.

"Yeah, that's a good option too," he agreed. "I might just consider asking one of my loyal customers out."

"Now is her name Erica or...?" I casually asked with a hint of hope.

Louis' mouth parted open in surprise. "You know her?"

"Wait, her name is Erica?" I exclaimed. My voice was too loud that both Zayn and his customer looked at me for a few seconds before going back to business.

"Uh... yes?" Louis answered, giving me a weird look. "Okay, I'm really confused now."

Dr. Spencer said that inconsistency is a sign that my dreams are about to end, but this one right here is definitely not inconsistency. Maybe there's still a small chance that my dreams won't end just yet.

"It's nothing. Just a lucky guess," I shook my head. When I saw Louis still looking at me strangely, I decided to give it a go.

"Uh, Lou, have you had any dreams about me lately?"

"What?"

"Like, you know, have you dreamt of me?"

He took another bite of his burger and then swallowed, before pausing to think for a second. "Errr.... No?" he answered. "What's with the question?"

"Have you ever dreamt of being in France?" I asked.

"No," he shook his head. "Now can you please explain why you're asking me this?"

I was about to answer when Zayn and his customer got up and walked towards us. Louis' attention shifted to the customer as he accepted his payment.

"I'll do the other half of the sleeve tomorrow. Thanks bro!" Zayn called out to him. When he was finally gone, Zayn turned to us and sighed. "Let's close up now? I'm really exhausted and I'd love to go to bed now."

"What were you saying again, Evie?" Louis asked me.

I glanced at Zayn who was also looking at me, probably wondering what it was about. "Um, never mind. It was nothing," I shook my head.

"Okayyyy," Louis whistled, giving me a strange smile.

Zayn took my hand in his and gave Louis a pat on the back. "Alright, we'll go ahead bro. See you tomorrow."

As we walked back to our apartment, I could help but think about Louis not having dreams about me. How come Niall dreamt about me then? A lot of things were definitely not making sense to me at all.

When we got inside, my phone started to vibrate in my pocket. I unlocked the screen and saw Niall's name flashing in the middle.

I watched as Zayn made his way inside the bathroom before I secretly took the phone call back outside.

"Hi, Niall," I answered softly. "What's up?"

"Hey Evie," he said on the other end of the line. "This might sound really random, but do you want to go to Mullingar with me on Saturday?"

I felt like almost choking on my own saliva as I realized what he just asked me. "Wait, as in Ireland? Why?"

"Okay. I'll explain. You see, my mum got me and my brother tickets to go back home to help with the business for a day or so," he said. "But then my brother had to backout last minute because his wife's going on labor tonight. It's their first son, so totally understandable."

"And your point is?"

"Oh. Right. His plane ticket is nonrefundable, so that's like a total waste. You might want to take his place."

"I'd do that because...?"

"Evie," he groaned. "I thought you'd figure it out yourself."

"I'm sorry. My brain's just absolutely dead tonight. Care explaining?"

"Remember how we both dreamt about you and Harry in our vineyard back in Mullingar?"

"Yeah?"

"Did you ever think that he might be there?"

"No, but - "

"I mean, we both dreamt about him in that place. That must mean something, right? Not to keep your hopes up or anything, but you never know."

I sighed and leaned back on the front door. "You know, I'd love to, but I don't know what excuse to give Zayn. I don't want to end up making up some big lie. We're sort of trying to fix our relationship. Well, at least I think we are."

"Darn," Niall muttered. "So you won't come?"

"I'd love to, but I guess not," I mumbled. "Thanks for thinking about me though. It really means a lot."

"It's alright. In case you change your mind, you have until Friday night to let me know," he said.

I smiled and nodded. "Okay. I'll keep that in mind."

"Alright, have a good night. And good luck with everything."

"Thank you. I really, really mean it," I said.

When I got back inside, I changed into my PJs and cuddled next to Zayn in bed, who was already sleeping. I'm not even surprised that he already drifted off since he's been really busy lately.

I couldn't help but think of Niall's offer in my head. What if he was right? What if Harry's in Ireland?