23 || Back for You

Evie's POV

"I can't believe we're already leaving Paris," Harry groaned, dragging his suitcase behind him as we looked for a place to sit.

It was an early morning at the airport today and we were both trying to make it through the busy crowd. We barely slept a wink last night because we tried to make the most of our remaining time here. Despite the major lack of sleep, I didn't feel sleepy at all. I felt so pumped up around him all the time, like I was always ready for the next adventure.

Harry was exactly the same, maybe even a bit worse. He was even relieved that I didn't want to sleep because he said he wanted to run around the city at night in our pajamas - which we ended up doing. Don't ask why I did it. I never know why I do most of the crazy things I do for him.

If given a chance, this boy would probably live the rest of his life with his eyes open. He was the first human being I ever met who actually hated sleeping. He said he felt like he was missing out on so many things whenever he's asleep. At first I found it ridiculous, but then after spending three days in Paris with him, I almost felt the exact same way, except in my case, I didn't want to wake up.

I squeezed his hand and kissed his cheek. "It doesn't matter where we are, Harry. In fact I could stay with you in that boat of yours for the rest of my life."

"Do you even mean that?" he asked, pretending to look doubtful.

"Of course I do! Paris was an amazing experience and I'm really thankful for it. But the best part of it was you," I smiled. "You will always be the best part of everything."

"Ahh, don't mention it," He let out a sarcastic, haughty grin. "I know I was the best thing that ever happened to you. And even if you don't admit it, I'm okay with that. I know you're the best thing that has ever happened to me."

"Well, you are," I agreed, sitting beside him. "I think that goes without saying."

His dimples deepened in his cheeks as he beamed, pulling me to his lap. "Come here."

"Harry, not here," I playfully slapped his arm.

"Baby, no one cares," he murmured while burying his lips on my neck. "No one's even looking."

I cautiously looked around the airport to check, and he was right. Nobody was paying attention to us. A lot of times I forget that I'm actually in a dream. These are the perfect situations wherein I could do whatever I wanted without a care in the world.

"Okay," I giggled softly, placing my lips on his as I sat on his lap. "If you say so."

"Baby?" he mumbled as he kissed me.

"Yeah?"

"See, I was thinking..." he paused, kissing me more passionately.

I detached my lips from his and pouted. "What is it?"

"I'm just going to go ahead and say it, alright?"

"Okay?" I raised an eyebrow.

He cleared his throat while tightening his grip around my back. "I was thinking, you know, since you mentioned that you wouldn't mind staying with me in my boat for the rest of your life, maybe you could... you know... live in it...?"

I bit my lip and stared at the cute, anxious Harry in front of me. "You're adorable when you're nervous."

"So is that a yes?"

"Let me rephrase what you said, in a much shorter and clear manner," I laughed. "You want me to move in with you?"

"Exactly," he let out a sigh of relief. "I'm sorry, I tend to talk gibberish when I'm - "

"Harry Styles..." I interrupted his sentence by locking my lips back into his. "This is a yes."

"That was the hottest thing you've ever done," he smirked while kissing me back.

"Because making out in an airport full of people makes everything ten times hotter," I chuckled quietly.

"Do you want to take it to the ladies room then because - "

"No way," I firmly said while trying not to laugh. My forehead was bent down a bit and was leaning on his as he looked up into my eyes. "This is crazy, huh?"

"What do you mean?"

"When we arrived in Paris three days ago we were just friends," I said, my gaze never leaving his. "And now I just agreed to move in with you."

"I never saw the point of waiting," he shrugged with a smile. "If there's something you really, really want, you need to go get it before it disappears."

I nodded slowly, burying my head on his shoulder. "I hope you never disappear, Harry."

**

The next morning, I woke up with quite the opposite disposition. The past few days I've never been so excited to end my day just so I could go back to sleep. It may have dragged my social life (not that I ever had any) down in the dumps, but man I've been living the life in my dreams.

But then actually living real life was such a drag. Words couldn't even explain how depressing it felt. It's like I was living two completely different lives - one where I was happy and content, and another where I just felt somewhat desolated.

I've never been alone in my life, and having Zayn mad at me at the same time wasn't helping. However, there was one thing that was helping - and that was Harry. My reality may suck at the moment but he's there to make things better when I go to sleep. He makes me forget about everything, and right now that's all I really need.

When I got home from work, all I had for dinner was a sandwich and a glass of milk. At first I was about to prepare something heavy, but then I remembered I was alone. It was a bit hard to get used to, I mean, I did live with Zayn for as long as I can remember.

It actually took a lot of strength to finish my food without crying. My mood has been extremely bipolar for days. Whenever I would wake up it's like I have a hangover of what I did with Harry in my dream, and then towards the end of the day I start missing Zayn and I end up cursing myself. Sometimes I wish I never had to be in this situation, but then that would mean not having Harry as well, not that I literally had him.

Towards the end of the night, I decided to watch comedy films to get my mind off things.

The ambiguous sound of laughter coming through the television speakers was just like choppy background music to my actual reflections. It wasn't long enough before every single noise in the apartment stood out to me. The tiny drops of water from the faucet, the sounds of the window panes slamming against each other whenever the cool wind would blow, and even the sound of the wind itself was getting louder than my own thoughts.

I just seemed to notice every little thing - every little thing that represented how quiet it actually was in here when I'm on my own. Not that living with Zayn was like having a loud party, but it was different when someone else lived with you.

When I was halfway through my second film, I heard a loud knock on the door.

"Great," I muttered out loud, unwillingly dragging myself off the couch. This was probably Louis again, getting the rest of Zayn's things. Seeing him wasn't really a good thing nowadays.

When I opened the door, my mouth slowly parted open at the sight of Zayn, standing there like he just ran hundreds of miles.

"Hi," he said, half smiling and half panting.

My eyes darted down to the ground where his suitcase was standing.

"Are you..." my voice trailed off.

Instead of letting me finished my sentence, he walked straight inside and pinned me against the wall, before pressing his soft lips against mine.

"I'm sorry, baby," he hissed while kissing me passionately, pausing five seconds to speak. "I should have let you explain. I missed you... so... fucking... much."