29 || She's Not Afraid

Evie's POV

'Living' with Harry in his boat didn't really feel like it was actually happening since I never really spent full 24 hours with him. Normally I'd just wake up with him or in the middle of an adventure and then it ends after awhile.

Today I woke up to him fixing something in the boat. Apparently it was the leak that his mum has been bugging him about for days.

"Well good morning mister," I greeted, peeking down at him. "What are you doing?"

The sun was up and the birds were whistling songs as usual. Everybody else around the dock never really seemed to notice us.

"I need to get this fixed because I want to take you across the other island," he explained, looking up at me with his sunglasses covering his eyes from the bright rays of the sun.

I pursed my lips. "Is there some secret castle on the other side?"

"No," he rolled his eyes. "Even better than that. I've been wanting to take you there for so long but it keeps slipping my mind. And now that I remember it, this damn boat screws up."

"Why not just take one of the boats for rent?" I suggested.

"I want to take Dreamboat," he insisted. "Besides, they're all taken for today."

"Well, it's okay. You don't have to rush," I said. "We can go tomorrow if it's still not fixed by today."

Harry stomped his feet and groaned. "But I reaaalllyyyy want to take you there. Today."

"What is this place anyway?"

"It's a secret."

"Okay, then I'll wait here until you fix it. Do you need any help?"

Harry paused while lifting one finger up. He disappeared for a while and then came back with a few tools. "Came up with a quick solution. This should be done in awhile."

So I sat there and waited for a few minutes and waited until Harry was done fixing the problem. When he finished, he came up to the boat with an excited grin on his face. "We should go while the weather is still perfect. It's been raining a lot lately and this boat isn't really capable of turning into a submarine."

"You're scaring me now," I bit my lip. "Should we really go?"

"In life, you don't wait for things to happen. You make them happen," he lifted his hands up, making a gesture like as if he was some ancient poet.

"That was such a simple question that didn't need such poetic response," I chuckled, shaking my head at his silliness.

Harry frowned, pretending to be hurt. "Hey, I actually speak words of wisdom from time to time you know."

"I know you do," I smiled, reaching up to kiss his lips. "Now can we get on with it? You're making me really excited."

"So eager, I like it," he smirked, grabbing me by the waist.

"You really need to stop turning everything into something sexual," I playfully punched his arm even if I could barely move because he's got his grip around me really tight.

He widened his eyes, giving me an innocent stare. "What? Sexual? Me?"

I nodded and wrapped my arms around his waist, lowering it so I could slap his bum. "Let's go, Captain!"

"And now you slap my ass?" he screeched. "Holy... you're such a naughty flirt wow."

**

This was the first time Harry took me someplace further in his boat. It was actually a bit scary since the waves were quite unpredictable. The ocean wasn't that big though, so I guess you could say we were pretty safe.