22 || Na Na Na

Evie's POV

"What are you doing here?" I gasped as I watched Louis make his way down the long staircase.

"The question is what are you doing here?" he retorted. He had a clear, French accent which made everything even weirder.

"Wait, you know him?" Harry asked, looking quite puzzled as he ran his fingers through his hair. It took him a while before turning around to face Louis. When he finally did, he looked even more confused. "This is your palace?"

"I know him, but I'm not so sure if he knows me..." I paused, waiting for Louis to respond.

"He doesn't look like a king to me," Harry mumbled quietly, brushing his lips near my ear.

Louis rolled his eyes and flipped up the collar of his red robe. "That's because I'm not a king. I could totally hear you by the way, you weird looking mop-head."

"Hey!" Harry placed his fedora back on his head, looking insulted.

I stepped in between the two of them and crossed my arms below my chest. "Hold on, can both of you save the petty arguments for later? I need some questions answered here."

"So do I, missy," Louis scoffed. "I thought I had this place all to myself."

"You don't know who I am, do you?" I raised an eyebrow, anxiously waiting for an answer. By the confused look on his face, it seemed like I got this right.

"Well, I know you trespassed my palace with this weird boyfriend of yours and you two just randomly decided to dance here like idiots," he shrugged, blowing a strand of his hair off his forehead. "Other than that, I have no clue who you are."

"You're one of my closest friends from high-school," I told him. "What are you even doing in this palace? Do you live here by yourself? How can you not know who I am?"

Louis snickered and placed his hands forward. "Woah, woah, woman. Easy with the questions. You haven't even answered mine yet."

"We're sorry for trespassing," Harry sighed, putting his arm around my shoulder in a protective manner. I thought it was really cute. "We just thought this place was already abandoned, but then I guess it's clearly not."

"We will leave now if that's what you want," I added, giving him a hopeful grin. "But I hope you could answer my question first."

Louis darted his eyes from me to Harry several times before finally nodding with a groan. "I'm not royalty, if that's what you think. Well, I never had the chance to experience it. My great, great, great, great, great grandfather was the king of this palace."

I heard Harry let out a soft snicker behind me but I purposely ignored him to avoid some pointless banter.

"Unfortunately, this evil and jealous royal family from the north of France assassinated him and took over the whole castle," he went on, while looking up as if he was reminiscing the past. "It was my father's mission to take this castle back, but he passed away before he even got the chance to do so. When I found out about the whole story, I made it my mission too. So when I finally found it two years ago, and realized that it was already abandoned, I decided to live in it from time to time until I finally have the means to take it back completely."

"Oh," Harry's mouth parted open, looking like a nursery kid finally learning his alphabet. "So technically, you have like an inseey weensy drop of royalty in your blood."

"Did you mean that as an insult?" Louis shot him a glare.

I chuckled and playfully slapped Harry's arm. "Of course he didn't. He's a joker."