5 || Last First Kiss

Evie's POV

Liam leaned over to Danielle and gave her a soft kiss on the lips. "So I'll pick you up after my meeting?"

"Yes, I'll see you," she murmured while kissing his lower lip.

I rolled my eyes. These two loved to make out in front of me. I was already used to it, but I always made it a point to make it obvious that I was in their presence.

"Glad that was over," I said, wrinkling my nose.

Danielle laughed and leaned next to me, "Okay, so what was it you wanted to talk to me about?"

I paused for a while. I was thinking of telling her about my dreams, but I wasn't sure how she was going to take it. But somehow I had a feeling that she would understand and probably give me advice since she worked in the Human Resource department of the company. She was the closest thing I had to a psychiatrist right now.

"Um, okay," I sighed, "This is really weird so don't laugh at me, ok?"

"Shoot," said Danielle, looking at me eagerly.

"I've had two consecutive dreams about the same person," I began. "The thing is, I don't know this person in real life. I only see him in my dreams."

Danielle gave me a puzzled look. "Okayyyy, I really have no idea where this conversation is leading to..."

"I just... I'm..." I stammered. "I don't know why I dream of him that way. You're aware of lucid dreaming, right? Well this one's ten times worse. I dreamt about him last Sunday night, and then of course the dream was cut when I woke up. And then the dream continued that night! And he still knew my name!"

"Wait, hold on," said Danielle, looking even more confused. "So you're saying that your dream sort of picked up where you left off, in a span of like twelve hours, and in the dream, this person still knew you?"

"Exactly."

"And you really don't know him?"

"No. Well, he told me his name. It's Harry. But I don't know any Harry, and I swear I've never met him in real life before."

"Is it like a scary dream? Like a nightmare?"

"Absolutely not," I answered.

"Then why is it bothering you so much?"

I bit my lip. "So it's not supposed to be a big deal?"

"If I were you, I wouldn't really get worked up about it unless it haunts me like a nightmare or something. Like the kind where you can't sleep and all," shrugged Danielle. "But it doesn't seem like it."

"Yeah," I said, letting out a weak chuckle. "I guess you're right."

"Next time, maybe you could actually practice lucid dreaming," suggested Danielle as we walked back to our cubicles. "Try to control your dreams, then maybe you'll figure out what it's all about."

I nodded, "Okay. I will try that."

Danielle smiled at me before leaving the room to go to her department, "Don't worry to much about it, ok? It's just a dream anyway. What's more important is the actual life you're living."

I sank in my seat and buried my head in my desk. She did have a point. Now all I had to do was follow her advice.

Zayn's POV

"That was probably one of the best films I've seen this year," I exclaimed as Evie and I entered our apartment. We had just finished watching The Amazing Spiderman 2 as planned, and I had my eyes glued on the screen the entire time.