38 || Through the Dark

Evie's POV
I didn't really bother sleeping on the plane anymore since our travel time was just about an hour. It's not that I didn't want to, it's just that I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep anyway since so many things were going through my mind.

Niall was asleep the whole time, while I was just hoping and praying that something good will come out of this whole thing. When we finally got in the cab on our way to Niall's home, he started bombarding me with questions and preparing me for what was about to happen.

"So when we get home, my mum will most likely ask if you're my girlfriend," Niall said, taking his baseball cap off and ruffling his flat hair. "Just so you won't be surprised or whatever."

"Do I tell her the real reason I came with you?" I asked. "Because I really don't want to."

"'Course you won't," he shrugged. "She wouldn't believe you even if you did. I'll do the talking when she asks."

"Okay, just don't say anything out of this world or whatever," I warned him.

"I got this, trust me." He grinned. "Anyway, we'll have lunch when we get there and then we can go straight to the vineyard. I'll just take care of a few things for work, but feel free to roam around."

"I'm really nervous," I sighed, leaning back against the seat. "I just don't want this whole thing to let me down."

"I just got one question though. I've been wanting to ask you this but I just keep on forgetting."

"What is it?"

"Did you ever even try looking for him in London?"

I paused for a while, not really knowing how to answer the question. "The most I did was ask people about him and search for him on social networks. I guess for awhile, I was afraid to actually find him because it might just complicate my relationship with Zayn. It's like a part of me wanted to find him, and another part of me just wanted him to remain in my dreams - where it's more possible for us to be together."

"What made you change your mind now?"

"I realized he made me so much happier in life, even if he only lived in my dreams," I explained, feeling a lump in my throat just thinking about him. "It just came to a point where I already needed him to be real."

"So in case we don't find him here, are you going to start searching in London?"

"Probably," I shrugged. "I just feel like there's a bigger chance here, since you had the exact same dream in this location. You're really the only person I know who dreams the same dreams as me so that's a big help."

Niall was about to say something when a question popped in my head. "Hey! Have you been dreaming about any of us lately?"

"Not often. The only time I had a dream about you guys after that weird vineyard dream was saving you and Harry from a wrecked boat."

"See??" I suddenly exclaimed. "Oh my god, this is so weird. I swear this is the craziest thing that has ever happened to me. How is this possible? Doesn't this only happen in the movies? How on earth can our dreams even be all connected?"

"So I'm guessing you had the same dream too?" he asked.

"Yes, and - " my sentence was interrupted when the taxi suddenly came into a halt.

"Almost missed my stop there, sorry!" said the driver.

The next thing I knew, an older lady who I assumed was Niall's mother was already waving in front of the taxi.

"We're here," Niall as he paid the driver. "Thanks, man."

"Oh, my baby's home!" the woman greeted Niall, wrapping her arms around him.