39 || Clouds

Evie's POV

Going to bed that night was tough. My entire body was tired, but my mind just kept thinking about so many things at once. I thought about how I just met Niall in real life without even trying.

I never really tried to look for Harry until today. Maybe because at the back of my mind, I always felt like if it was meant to be, it will happen - without me having to move mountains.

After crying for what seemed like forever, I finally dozed off - and for the first time in a long time, a part of me wished I would dream of something else, at least just for tonight.

**

I opened my eyes and noticed a cool breeze surrounding me. Everywhere I looked, there were huge, fluffy clouds in different shapes and sizes. There were heart-shaped clouds, round ones, and even clouds that were shaped like animals.

I tried walking through them when I realized that I wasn't walking - I was floating.

On air.

Thousands of feet above the ground.

I started to scream while trying to hold on to the clouds like an idiot, but never got to grasp any of them anyway. I was expecting myself to fall back to the ground any minute now but then I felt someone's arms started to wrap around my waist.

I quickly turned around and saw Harry with a goofy smile on his face. "Hey there! I thought you'd never show."

I wasn't even surprised that he was perfectly fine now as compared to his situation after his accident the other night. It was already clear to me that consistency no longer existed in my dreams about him.

"What is this??" I wiggled my feet in the air. "What's happening?"

"I don't know, Evie, I think we're flying," Harry answered in a sarcastic tone.

"I know we're flying," I rolled my eyes before shutting them tight, feeling incredibly afraid of falling down anytime soon. "But why are we flying?"

Even if I knew that this was a dream, I still found it strange and creepy. Before the candy land experience the night before, my dreams about Harry were always so normal and realistic. Now they're just typical dreams.

"Because we can," Harry pushed himself up higher in the air with his feet. "Come on, Evie. Fly higher."

"I don't even know how to fly," I said, trying to move up but instead I just kept tumbling in circles.

"Just think of happy thoughts and you'll float right up," he winked.

"Peter Pan? Is that you?"

Harry flew back down and grabbed me by the waist, pulling me close to him. "Hold on tight."

The next thing I knew, we were speed flying through the clouds. I could feel the strong wind against my face as we pretty much flew across the universe. Like we were literally flying around the globe, I could see it in front of me.

I couldn't help but scream even if I knew he was holding me tight.

"Don't let go, Evie!" he instructed as he felt my body tense up in panic.

"I need to! Harry, we need to go down!" I shouted. "This is too much. I think I'm about to throw up."

"You can't let go of my hand," he said, holding my hand tightly.

I know I was supposed to follow him, but I didn't. I wiggled my hand out of his grip and felt myself falling down to the ground. The sound of Harry's scream was heard even ten feet below.