28 || I Wish

Evie's POV

I never thought the day would ever come that I would want to see a therapist, and now here I am, waiting for Dr. Spencer to arrive.

It's been a week since me and Zayn got back together, and I knew I should be happy about it. But dreaming about Harry at the same time was enough to fuck me over really bad. I was starting to believe that I was crazy, but then they say if you think you're crazy then you're probably not. I don't even know anymore.

"Ravensdale?" I saw her assistant walking up to me. "Evie Ravensdale?"

"Yes?" I looked up at the woman smiling at me.

"Dr. Spencer is ready to see you," she said, opening the door for me.

I got up from my seat and gave her a small nod. "Thank you."

When I closed the door behind me, I saw Dr. Spencer sitting on a couch with an eager smile and a notebook on her hand. "Good afternoon, Ms. Ravensdale. Please have a seat."

"Thanks," I timidly smiled at her, before sitting on the couch across.

I spent the first few minutes telling her about my job, myself, and even Zayn. She was very friendly so I definitely felt like I could tell her anything. It wasn't long until she decided to get to the main problem already.

"You came here to talk to me about some dreams you've been having, right?"

I nodded eagerly. "Yes. You're a dreamworker, right?"

I noticed her cheeks turn red as she shook her head. "That's what they like to call it. I'm a dream therapist. So can you tell me about these dreams?"

I swallowed nervously, not even knowing where to begin. "Uh, okay. It started about a month ago. I keep dreaming about this guy, like literally every night."

"Does this guy have a name?"

"Yes. His name is Harry."

"Okay, go on."

"What makes it crazy is that the consecutive dreams I have about him are continuous. It's like I actually have a relationship with someone who only exists in my dreams," I explained.

"Do you know that you're dreaming whenever you dream of him?"

"At first I didn't, but it didn't take long before I got used to it. Now it's already easy for me to tell when I'm dreaming or not."

She paused for a while, before jotting a few things on her notebook. "This relationship you have with him, is it friendly or - "

"He's like my boyfriend," I blurted out. "I know. I'm horrible. It's like I'm cheating on Zayn but is that even considered cheating? I mean, as much as I don't want to accept it, Harry doesn't exist."

Dr. Spencer chuckled slightly, pulling her glasses up to her head. "Evie, from another person's perspective, you aren't cheating on anyone. But you need to ask yourself if you genuinely love this person. You will know deep within if you are cheating on your boyfriend emotionally."

"Then I am a cheater," I muttered, burying my face in my hands. "I just don't know why this is happening. When I first dreamt of him, I didn't think I'd ever dream of him again, let alone continue having dreams about him every night and eventually falling in-love. Am I crazy?"

"What you're going through is an extreme case of lucid dreaming," she explained. "Though it's not very common, I wouldn't say you're insane. I've had patients who mentally react to their dreams worse than you do. You're still sane, if that's what you're worried about. You don't understand what's happening to you, and that's normal."