10 || Does He Know?

Evie's POV

"Zayn!" I screamed, nearly falling off my bed. When I looked at the time, it was already seven thirty. Looks like I missed my alarm again.

I practically crawled out of the room and jumped at Zayn when I saw him.

"Woah, you okay babe?" he said, looking startled. "That's an interesting way to greet someone good morning!"

I took a deep breath and stared at the beautiful human being standing in front of me. He was real. He wasn't gone from my life. That was just a nightmare. I've never been so happy to see my boyfriend in my whole life.

"Oh god, you're here!" I exclaimed, giving him another tight hug.

"Um, okay?" he said, looking confused. "Where did you think I was?"

"I just..." I stammered. "Uh... do you want to go out for breakfast?"

"But you have work honey," he pointed out.

"I don't feel like going to work today," I mumbled. "I just... I just want to spend time with you. Maybe we can have some breakfast and walk around the park after? You don't open your shop until lunchtime anyway."

Zayn paused for a while and looked at the time before nodding hesitantly. "Okay, I'll just give Louis a call then we can go, alright?"

"Okay," I nodded, smiling weakly.

My heart was racing as I changed my clothes in the bathroom, waiting for Zayn to finish his call. Mixed feelings of relief, shock and anxiousness filled my thoughts. Dreaming about your boyfriend not existing wasn't funny at all.

I couldn't help but think why on earth did Louis and Liam exist in the dream and not Zayn. Heck, even Harry and Niall were there, two people I didn't even know in real life.

But the picture with Louis. That's what made me shit freakin bricks. I mean, no kidding that was one hell of a nightmare. I felt like I needed to see a psychiatrist. Should I? Am I getting worse? Oh my god, was I mentally ill??

Should I consult those people who can interpret dreams? I needed to know what it meant. But then there's also this part of me that didn't want to know what it meant. It's scary and I'm not sure if I even want or need to know what it means. Shit I don't even know what I want anymore. I think I'm officially going insane.

"Babe, where do you want to eat?" asked Zayn, interrupting my thoughts.

"The usual?" I shrugged.

"Costa Coffee it is," he smiled as walked out of the apartment.

Costa Coffee was our favorite coffee shop. Not only did they have delectable food and coffee, but the place was also less than five minutes from our apartment, which we could easily just walk to.

When we got there, one of the waiters assisted us to our usual spot before taking our orders.

"Evie..." Zayn slowly said after we gave our orders.

"Mhmm?"

"You need to explain to me why you were acting so strange this morning," he said with a tone of concern in his voice.

"It was just another bad dream," I shrugged, avoiding his eyes.

"You've been having nightmares recently," he said softly. "What was this one about?"

I slumped my shoulders. Do I really want to tell him about this? If I do, I'm definitely leaving out the part about Harry.

"You might think it's stupid," I muttered.