Chapter 31 - Family

"Mom, I need to tell you something. So coach Spears asked us if we wanted to go to this special training camp. This will lasted for 2weeks. Can I come? I know I'm gone for a month but I need to clear my mind and you know..." Lauren stopped because her mom doesn't know yet about what happened to her and Camila.

"I mean, you know for me to get better physically and be able to be the best athlete." Lauren trying to reason out so she can go to the special training camp.

"Ok Lo, whatever you want. We will support you. We were able to get through this one month of you not being here so another 2weeks will be fine. But when will it starts?" Clara asked while hugging her daughter.

"Uhm probably by the other week? Coach Spears needs our confirmation before it starts so I will call her so she can sign me up" Lauren is eager for this camp.

"How about Dinah and Vero? Will they join too?" Clara would like the two to be with Lauren and hoping they'll join her daughter.

"Probably not" Lauren answered in a sad tone.

"Hmmm mom, can we have a vacation? Like before I go to the camp again? I missed you all so much too so I want to spend some time with all of you before I go back to the camp" Lauren asked her mom because she doesn't want to stay ay their house thinking that Camila might go to their house once she found out that Lauren is already at home. And she really miss her family too mostly Tay and Chris.

"Lauren.. is there's something wrong? Why all of a sudden you wanted to go have a vacation trip with us and go back to the camp? Is there something bothering you?" Her mom asked worriedly.

"Nothing mom. I just realized something when I was in the camp. Don't worry too much. There's nothing wrong with me." She smiled and kissed her mom.

Hey mom sigh and hugged Lauren.
"Ok. I will book a ticket to Disneyland. Is Disney ok with you?"

"Of Course! The best place ever!" She jumped with excitement and went to Taylor's room and played with her.

------
Lauren went back to her room. She texted Dinah and Vero.

***Group chat***

Lauren: Girls! I decided to go to the special camp.

Vero: Laur, you don't have to.

Dinah: Don't you know how harder will it be? Come here in LA have a vacation here instead of going to the hell camp.

Lauren: Girls it's ok. I decided and this is also for me. For us. For the team.

Vero: You sure about that? You know I am currently here in NJ with my uncles house and it's BIG. We have a spare room for you.

Lauren: Thank you but no I am good. Also were going to Disneyland before I go to camp. And that will be this weekend the whole week.

Vero: Have fun Lo.
Dinah: Yah have fun. And please buy me a minnie mouse toy. 😘
Vero: Oooh buy me Donald Duck plus Daisy Duck shirt...
Lauren: 🙄

Lauren: Guys, please don't let HER know where am I. Okay? Don't let her know everything.

Vero: Lo... Don't you think it's too much?! I mean you know... Both of you might still fix it.

Dinah: I hate the girl Lo, but I know how much you two love each other. I love you so I support you. But I know you are hurting.

Lauren: It ain't easy.

Vero: Lo, just do anything you want. We are always here for you. We love you.

Lauren: I know. Thanks a lot guys!

Vero: Don't forget my shirt 😁
Dinah: Don't forget my minnie too ☺️

Lauren: 👀

-------
Lauren and her family spent the whole week at Disneyland. Lauren tried to forget everything about Camila and focus on her siblings on her family. But when the night comes she still thinks about Camila.
-------

Saturday morning.

Camila eagerly wants to see and talk to Lauren. She thought today is the day she'll go home not knowingly that she already came home a week ago.
No one informs Camila. She had no one to know where Lauren is.
She noticed that the house is empty. She's wondering if Lauren's Family went to the camp to get her or they just went outside to celebrate Lauren's return. She has no idea but she still stayed.

She stayed for hours and stayed on their porch. Still no one is coming. She cried. She doesn't know where she is and she just wasted her time. Until one of Lauren's neighbor come to her and noticed her.

"Hi, are you one of the Jauregui kids friend or something?" A good old lady neighbor asked.

"Yes, do you know where they are?"

"Well if you're friend with them why don't you call them or text them?" Neighbor being suspicious.

"I was about to surprise her... Uhm.. them" Camila muttered.

"Well I guess your surprise visit failed. They went out for vacation. I didn't know where but Mrs. Jauregui told me that they will be back next week and asked me to at least look for their house from time to time" the old lady pick her phone on her pocket.

"What's your name young lady?"

"Camila, I guess I should go. Thank you for letting me know." She looks like she's going to cry again.

" Ok, take care Camila. Next time don't do it so you won't waste your time. Let them know your coming. Ok?" The old lady reminded her.

Camila book an uber ride home. Once she's home. She cried. She is hopeless. She wanted to talk to Lauren but Lauren doesn't want to talk to her.

She keeps on blaming herself.

Camila tried reaching out to Dinah and Vero but she didn't get any information. Camila thought that Lauren is so lucky to have a friend like them. They really protected Lauren and keeps their secret. Camila didn't get any piece of information where Lauren is.

Lauren had a blast in Disneyland. She enjoyed it with her siblings and focus mainly on her family. She cannot ask for more. She wanted to do it all over again but it's time for them to go home.

The day she arrived. She told Vero and Dinah that she's back at home and she will give the things she bought for the two in Disneyland when they meet again before the start of the semester. She doesn't want the two to end their vacation quickly just for her.
She packed her things for the 2weeks camp. Honestly she's fine now and doesn't want to go to the camp anymore. But she have her word and she doesn't want to disappoint Coach Spears because she already signed up for this camp. She just think of it as another vacation that will help her to become a better athlete. This is also for her, for her scholarship, for her health, for her future in volleyball.

For her heart healing. For her life....

**********
Hello guys sorry for MIA in a lot of days.... I am not proof reading so sorry for my mistakes in grammar or whatever...typos spelling lol. Love you all. And I mistakenly published this earlier. Here it is! Next chapter will be purely Camila.