Chapter 10 - Intertwined

Camila and Lauren were outside the school just to hang out a bit. They were about to go to the other side of the street and walk to the pedestrian lane. Lauren hold Camila's hand while passing through the pedestrian lane. Their hands intertwined. This is the first time that Camila and Lauren hold their hands like this. That moment... Camila felt butterflies on her stomach, she doesn't know but she felt so happy and she squeeze Lauren's hand tightly. Lauren looked at her and smile. Camila can't help herself but she blushes on that moment. It seems the longets 30 seconds of her life. She felt electricity over her body by just holding Lauren's hand like this. This really feels so good. Camila is overwhelmed on what is happening. When they were at the other side of the street. Lauren releases her hand and walk ahead of Camila. Camila still in shocked and trying to absorb what she's feeling, she looked at Lauren and thinks if this is something that Lucy told her... Is this love? That's what she thinks...

She followed Lauren to this diner. They both get inside, it seems Lauren is always on this diner. She got some friends there as well. This diner is not an ordinary diner. It has billiard tables. Lauren got a table near the billiards and they order some food.

"I haven't seen this place, it seems cool and nice. Do you play billiards?" Camila asked her.

"I just learned how to play here with my few friends,Oh and here they are!" Lauren is waving.

"Hey! Lauren!"

"Luce!!!!" Lauren shouted.
"Lucy!!! Camila shouted as well and run towards Lucy.

"Hey! Camila? Why are you here?.. oh ok I know you're with Lauren" Lucy smirked

"Hey Luce do you know Camila?" Lauren asked curiously.

"Yeah! I know her since I'm 10. Anyway, what you two doing here? Eat or play?" Lucy asked.

"Well I guess we can do both" Lauren suggested.

"Hey Camz! You know what. Lucy here taught me how to play billiards. I am not that good but I can play" Lauren said with a new name for Camila.

"Camz?!" Camila looked at Lauren.

"Yeah Camz! Camila is too formal and long so is it ok to call you that? I know Mila is your nickname but I want something unique" Lauren smiled at her.

"Yeah! I love it! No one calls me that..so if you call me Camz, I know it's you and no one else." Camila smiled back giggly. "Then I should give you a name to... I will call you Lolo"

"Fine with me" Lauren shrugged her shoulder.

Lauren and Camila finish their food first before they play billiards. Lucy challenged Lauren for a friendly game. Lauren was hesitant at first but she agreed right after.

"Camz, I am not good at playing so might as well look at Lucy so you may learn" Lauren humbly said that.

"Oh come on Lauren, you beat me after I teach you some techniques"

"Well, I think that's what you called beginners luck"

Lauren comes first... They are playing 9ball.

1st ball came in up to the 4th ball.

"Damn Lauren! You are good!" Camila praises her.

"No look at Lucy... I will not get a chance now, so your turn" Lauren giving her que stick to Camila.

Lauren was right, Lucy won.

Lauren didn't know but Camila is also good at this. Lucy and Camila used to play this before when they were young. When Lucy saw Camila holding Lauren's que stick, she smiled and told Lauren to watch and learn from the best.

"Well Lauren, you have to sit down and relax. Watch and learn from the best" Lucy getting serious now.

"What do you mean? Camz? Do you know how to play this?!" Lauren curiously asked her.

"Ummm I used to play this with her when we were young.. but don't worry I also suck at this because I haven't played in years." Camila said to her smiling.

"Ok. Let's see! You know, you are my best contender" while Lucy did the first shot.

They played 8balls this time.

Lucy and Camila played the best of 5.

The score now is 2-2. Very tough game.

Camila is so good at placing the ball so Lucy will have a hard time hitting the right ball. When it was Camila's turn, she is nearing to finish all of her stripes ball when suddenly someone behind her touches her que stick accidentally when she was about to strike. So it touches the white ball and wasn't able to hit the right one. So it was Lucy's turn and Lucy won!

The person that touches Camila's stick apologizes to her and Camila accepted the apology.

"Wow! You should teach me some moves! I didn't know you're good at it. Though Lucy is also a great teacher but you should teach me so I can beat the both of you someday" Lauren amazed by Camila.

"Nice game Lucy! I'll get you some other time. I'll practice more if I have a chance" Camila told Lucy.

"We can always do that as what we do when we were young. Anyway, I think I have to go now. See you some other time" she went outside and wave to both of them once she reach the door.

"Hey Camz, I think we need to go back to school. Let's go"

Going back, this time it's Camila who hold Lauren's hand while passing the pedestrian lane. This time both of them felt butterflies on their stomach when their fingers intertwined while walking into that lane. Once they reached the other side, Camila let go of Lauren's hand.

Camila went to the auditorium for rehearsal and Lauren went to the gym for volleyball.

Both of them felt it, both of them are thinking, both of them are in deep thoughts...