Chapter Thirty.

Chapter Thirty. 

            “What the hell do you mean you were hired?” He sneered. “By who?!”

            I stood there in complete shock after she had just said that and remained speechless for Justin to question her. I don’t understand what’s going on. It just seemed like someone was pulling an extremely cruel joke on us.

            “I can’t tell you.” She whispered quietly through the tears. “If I tell you then I’ll get killed.”

            Ben’s speech from the funeral immediately came to my mind and I couldn’t help but wonder if the two were connected. What does she mean she’ll get killed? Who was going to kill her?

            Justin let out the biggest sigh of frustration I’ve ever heard and put his face into his hands. I think he was just as fed up with all of this as I was. I think we’re both tired of not getting told what was really going on.

            “Can you just think of us for a second?” He asked her. “Can you just think of us and how we’re feeling right now? You seem like a decent person somewhat who obviously doesn’t want to be doing this so why can’t you help us out and just explain to us what’s going on? We are both innocent people who have done nothing wrong and all we’re wanting is an explanation.”

            “Because I have a camera on.” She whispered. “They can see and hear us right now.”

            My eyes widened in shock as I tried to process what was happening, trying everything to find the camera that was hidden on her but I couldn’t find it. Justin seemed like he was in shock too because he didn’t say anything for about ten seconds, he just continued to breathe heavily, his eyes filled with nothing but hatred for the woman standing in front of him.

            Turning around to face me, he grabbed the knife out of my hands and brought it up close to her face.

            “If you don’t tell us what the fuck you’re doing here I swear to god I’ll stab you.”

            “Justin.” I said in disbelief. “Stop.”

            “P-Please don’t.” She sobbed. “Please.”

        “TELL ME!” He yelled, slamming her up against the wall. “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?”

        “Your parents address!” She screamed, barely able to get the words out. “They told me to get your parents address.”

        “My parents?” He practically spat in her face, each word coming off like pure venom from his lips. “Why are they bringing my family into this? Who the hell are they!?”

            “Please.” She whispered. “I’ve already said enough as it is. If I say anything more I’m going to get killed. Please don’t hurt me.”

        “Why did you agree to this?” I finally asked even though I felt like I couldn’t breathe. “Why would you want to hurt us?”

        “I didn’t want to hurt you. When I told you I worked at the diner down the street I was being honest. They offered me an offer I couldn’t refuse, which was a lot of money. I needed it to get out of debt. I didn’t mean for the both of you to get hurt. I’m sorry.”

        Justin grabbed her by the sleeve of her shirt and pushed her towards the door, opening it up widely for her to leave through. I have never seen him this upset in my entire life.