Chapter Twenty-Five.

Chapter Twenty-Five. 

           “Excuse me?”

            I almost stumbled back at the words and tried to analyze her further. I don’t think she looked like me really I mean the closest thing that she had to me was my nose possibly. She certainly didn’t look anything like my mother that’s for sure but maybe that’s because she was younger. She seemed to be in her late twenties.

            “I’m your aunt.” She repeated again. “Your aunt Lisa.”

            “And how do you know that?” Justin replied rather irritatingly.

            I elbowed him gently in the side to be nicer to her. If this really was my aunt then he was doing a horrible first impression on meeting the first family member of mine.

            “Can I please come inside?” She asked quietly. “It’s kind of a long story but Sophia you have no idea how long I’ve been trying to find you for.”

            It was hard to try and not cry because it was hard not to believe it when she was getting tears in her eyes. I was never notified that I ever had an aunt but maybe I just never was told? The foster care system never really cared so I wouldn’t put it past them.

            “Yeah.” I whispered.

            “Hold on.” Justin placed his hand on the door in front of her before she walked inside and gave her a dirty look. “Show us proof that it’s you. It’s not that I don’t believe you but she doesn’t need to get hurt any more than she already has been.”

            I grabbed his hand with mine and started to rub my fingertips in circles around his palm as she reached into her purse for something. This is why I’m in love with this man. He is always trying to look out for me and I couldn’t be more thankful for him.

            “Here.” She smiled weakly and handed me her driver’s license and birth certificate. “I had a feeling you would ask that so I brought those.”

            My eyes scanned both of the items and it read that her name was Lisa Anne Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick was my mom’s maiden name.

            “Oh my god.” I started to cry and threw my arms around her, pulling her close into my chest. “I can’t believe I have an aunt!”

            “I know sweetie.” She soothed. “It’s so nice to finally meet you.”

            Justin released his hand that was stopping her from coming in and opened the door wider so she could brush past him. I led her into the living room of the suite and gestured for her to sit down on the couch to the side of me as Justin and I took a seat on another one.

            We sat there in silence for a couple of moments as she looked around her at the huge suite with wide eyes. I don’t blame her really. When Justin first took me to his hotel suite the first night I met him I’m pretty sure my reaction was the same. I guess I’ve just gotten used to it by now.

            “Sorry about being so rude.” Justin said sheepishly. “I’m just trying to look out for her but it’s a pleasure to finally meet a relative of Sophia’s.”

            He extended his hand out to her and she gratefully accepted the gesture, pushing a lock of hair behind her ear. I didn’t know how to start the topic of conversation as to how I never knew about her but I’m hoping that happens soon because it’s the only thing surrounding my head right now.