Chapter Fifteen.

BEFORE YOU READ: okay so i've never done this before but listen to Hurry Baby by Rascal Flatts! It fits the chapter perfectly! Seriously, listen to it. lol. 

Chapter Fifteen.

            You’d think after another seven days that I’d leave him and I’d just give up on him. You’d think I would start to feel better and the pain would be somewhat bearable but it wasn’t. Instead it hurt worse to know he didn’t need me and it hurt even more that I was now alone. I never thought even for a second he would stop loving me yet here I am, in the parking lot of a hotel so I can stay here.

            It’s my first night that I’m coming here but after staying in that house for so long it just hurt too much. I didn’t feel like we were together anymore so to be staying in a house that was supposed to be ours felt more than awkward. I just didn’t want to stay somewhere that I wasn’t welcome.

            Pulling out my suitcase, I slammed the trunk of my car and started to wheel it inside. I don’t like using Justin’s money and I’ve decided to try and start looking for a job soon so I wouldn’t be spending it. I shouldn’t be spending it since we are no longer together.

            The receptionist looked up from the computer once I entered into the lobby and recognized me; because she immediately stopped everything she was doing and stood up to shake my hand.

            “Hello!” She gave me a wide smile and I tried to give her one back but failed. I just haven’t been happy in I don’t know how long. “Are you checking in?”

            I nodded my head at her because I had made reservations last night. I didn’t exactly want to live in a hotel right now but I didn’t have a choice. Justin gave me no other option.

Once the key had been placed in my hands, I gave her a small wave and started to head down the hallway to my room.

            A small part of me was hoping that he was eventually going to call me and ask me to come over or something. I suppose that’s why I stuck around the house as long as I did. I kept sitting next to the phone praying that it would ring and whenever it did ring, my heart almost stopped beating in my chest only to be let down when it was Pattie or a business call for Justin. Then I would have to give these business people his cellphone number and I’d hang up the phone and start to cry again once it wasn’t him. I was acting pathetic more than anything and now that I’m finally out of the house I feel like I have more of a clear head.

            The hotel room was exactly how I pictured it to be, it was a small room, the cheapest one I could find, and it had a small TV on top of a coffee table. I went with the cheapest room I could find because it was Justin’s money I was spending and I wanted to make sure it wasn’t expensive.

            I began to unpack my suitcase and put my clothes in the drawers beside the bed, starting with my tops first. I’m not sure how long I’ll be staying here but it’ll be long enough until I can get enough money on my own to afford an apartment or something. I’ll just have to wait and see what comes my way.

-------- 

             Once the pizza had been delivered that I had ordered, I was watching some pointless television show that I had no clue what was going on. I think it was a soap opera or something and the girl just found out her boyfriend cheated on her with her sister. It was actually kind of entertaining until they started to kiss and make up.