Chapter Nine.

Chapter Nine.

            The bright lights of the cameras the paparazzi were holding and the blinking flashes of the phones in the hands of teenage girls were the only things I could see when we stepped out of the limo.  Today was the day of the interview and after the time consuming drive down here, I was so not ready for this.

            Justin grasped onto my hand and we stopped to take a couple of pictures with some fans before we were finally in the safety of the building the interview was being held at. I know I said I wasn’t scared of the fame before, but I sort of am when all of those piercing screams hit my ear. It was nerve wrecking and made me want to just get right back in the limo.

            “Right this way.” A short girl with a brunette bob grasped her clipboard in one hand and waved us to follow her with the other without even acknowledging us. She led us down a white hallway with pictures of Ellen on the set with different celebrities aligned on either side. It was crazy I was actually going to be on this show today.

            “Sophia you will be in here to get your hair and makeup done and Justin you will be across the hall. Do you need anything? A bottle of water?” She pushed the door open and looked back at me for an answer, which I quickly shook my head to. The fact that I’d be getting my hair and makeup done for me was enough.

            “No thank you.” I said with a smile. “That’s really nice of you to ask though.”

            It seemed like she had never been treated like that before because her used to be hard and cold stare turned into a bright and uplifting smile, sending me a look of appreciation before she disappeared down the hallway we had just walked down.

            “Everything will be fine.” Justin spoke up, interrupting my thoughts. “I’ll be right in here if you need me, okay?”

            “Okay.” I replied.

            “Oh doll face, what a beauty you are! Pablo can’t wait to get his hands on you.”

            Whipping my head around, I saw a man with a scarf fastened around his neck, his head shaved down with a pair of black square-like glasses on his face. I could obviously tell that he went the other way if you get what I’m saying, but that didn’t matter to me.

            He started to run his fingers through my hair to see what he would be working with and dragged me into the room to sit me down in a director type looking chair. It was like I was on the Hollywood set of some movie. It was incredible.

            “How do you part your hair lovely?” He asked and tilted his head in the mirror to look at me.

            “U-um I don’t know.” I stuttered, completely embarrassed. “I just brush it?”
            His face had a look of disbelief as he continued to run his fingers through my hair and shook his head at me with a smile. I’m also guessing he hasn’t exactly done makeup on people that weren’t celebrities before too much so I was a complete joke to him most likely.

            “I’m sorry.” I said once he didn’t say anything. “I’m not exactly good at this whole thing yet. I’ve never had my hair and makeup done before.”

            “Why are you sorry?” He chuckled. “If anything, this makes my job a hell of a lot easier. Do you know what it’s like dealing with those snooty Hollywood bitches? It’s dreadful darling.”

            Pablo has got to be one of the best people I’ve met so far today. His thick French accent had a hint of a California one, which I thought was so unique. Not to mention his fashion style. It was to die for.