Chapter Five.

Chapter Five. 

            Doctors appointments at first were so nerve-wrecking for me that I thought I’d throw up at every single one but now that my morning sickness was finally gone and I’ve had experience with them all I could feel was excitement because I now knew that we’d be able to see her again.

             This time when we saw the images, Isabelle’s head has gotten much bigger and also her stomach was developed. She was lying on her back and you could see the tiny outline of her nose from the side. It was so incredible and so breathtaking at the same time to know that Justin and I created her.

            “Babe, she has your nose!” I started to laugh when I looked back to him and at the monitor. The little button shape was so noticeable I guess I just didn’t put two and two together until I saw him.

            “You think?” He started to smile and looked closer. “Is that a good thing?”

            “That’s more than a good thing.” I giggled. “I wanted her to have your nose.”

           The doctor smiled at the two of us and clicked more buttons on the screen to take measurements. I literally cannot wait to see what she looks like when she’s full-term and in our arms. She’s going to look so perfect I just know it.

            “She’s growing fantastic!” The doctor beamed. “She looks like a cutie too.”

            “Have you seen my wife?” Justin asked and started to laugh. “Of course she’s going to be cute.”

            Rolling my eyes at his cheesy answer, I watched her print the images out and hand them over to us like she always does. The black illuminated pictures twirled around in my fingertips as I traced the outline of the little nose she had. She had my baby’s nose and I couldn’t be happier.

            “Only three more check-ups until she’s ready to come out. Are you excited?”

            I popped my head up once I realized she was talking to us and quickly nodded. These next four months couldn’t go by fast enough.

            “Extremely.” Justin answered for me. “Beyond that even.”

            “Well the whole staff is excited as well to welcome her and we hope everything runs smoothly from here on out. How are you feeling Sophia as far as pain goes? Are you having a hard time?”

            If I answered honestly, not too bad actually. There’s the occasional foot pain and back pain but it hasn’t gotten to be unbearable yet thankfully.

            “Actually pretty good.” I replied. “Justin helps all the time. He’s always giving me foot rubs and back rubs every chance he gets… literally.”

            “Wow.” Her eyebrows lifted in response, probably out of disbelief. I don’t think there are too many guys out there that treat their girls like queens. Justin’s just a one of a kind I guess.

“Well if the both of you don’t have any more questions, I’ll let you get dressed Sophia and then you can book another appointment with the receptionist up front.”

            “Thank you.” I replied. “I think we’re both good, right Justin?”

            “Yeah. Thanks.”

            Giving us one last smile, she closed the door behind her and I swear I’ve never been happier. But the weird thing is that right now all I wanted was ice cream. The thought never occurred to me until just now but I seriously wanted it.