Chapter Six.

Chapter Six. 

             I guess this is the first time I can say that I’m watching Justin in action at his job. I’ve been to the studio of course, but even then it wasn’t fully his job. We were currently on the set of his new music video at some warehouse. The set was kind of like an empty room almost but what was crazy to me was the amount of people that were here.

             Besides Scooter, Justin and I, there were so many random faces that I’ve never seen before. People were rushing by me to go get food or water for the director or Justin and I constantly saw make-up artists stop to touch up his face or his stylists touch up his outfit or his hair. But the biggest thing was the cameras. They were everywhere in here. Some were rotating around the room, some were to the side of me and then of course there were people carrying them to follow him and get close-ups. I’ve just never been so overwhelmed in my life.

            “Alright Justin, you ready for take one?” The director, whose name was Colin I believe, called from his chair as Justin straightened out his white t-shirt and nodded his head. “Wait, where’s Cailin?”

            “Right here.” A voice spoke up.

            Glancing to the right of me, my jaw dropped to the floor when I saw her. She had gorgeous blonde hair that fell just below her shoulders and she was wearing high waisted shorts with a black bra-like top. I’ve never seen someone so gorgeous in my entire life.

            I examined the necklace that was hanging around her neck as she laid down sideways on an old-fashioned motorcycle. I had no idea what was happening but Justin never told me there was a female lead in this music video. I thought I was just going to come here and watch him sing to the camera.

            “Hey I’m Justin.” He smiled at her. “You ready to do this?”

            “Yeah! It should be fun.” She replied. “I’m honored to have gotten the opportunity.”

            Okay well that calmed my nerves. She seemed extremely professional and not at all like Kaylie so at least we’re good there. I can handle it as long as I know she isn’t flirtatious.

            “We’re shooting the bike scene first then the ending.” Colin said into the megaphone. “Cue music.”

            Almost immediately, the sound of All That Matters came flooding through the speakers and my heart dropped into my stomach when I saw his hands start to run up her thigh. This is a joke right?

            “Cut.” Colin interrupted and stopped him. “Justin, you need to act like you’re infatuated with her. You need to act like you’re in love with her. Okay?”

            This time when the music started over the look on his face softened like it gets with me and he looked at her the same he does to me. The same infatuation and the same emotion. I couldn’t help it but look away and try to not cry. I totally understand that this is his job and she probably meant nothing to him but to see his hands on another girl is tough to deal with. I just didn’t know how to handle myself.

            “It’s fake.” Scooter reassured me once he noticed me turned in the other direction. “Don’t stress over it.”

            “I don’t care if it’s fake Scooter. It’s hard to see his hands on someone else, you know? Especially someone like her. She’s gorgeous.”

            Letting out a laugh, he leaned against the wall and rolled his eyes at me.

            “You and I both know that kid only has eyes for you. I can’t begin to tell you how much he talks about you. Believe me, if he was thinking about anyone else but you I can guarantee that ring wouldn’t be on your finger right now.”