Chapter 1

"Alyssa Parker 18, case number 295674, please enter." The judge called out, as I stepped into the cold, wooden, large room that was scattered with my family members and friends. I look down at my orange, unfitted uniform I was told to wear. I hate it here and I just stepped inside.

"Lyss.." I said, toward the floor, so the judge could hear me.

"What was that, Parker?" The judge called.

"Lyss. I go by Lyss." I said louder, with a grimace plastered on my face.

"So be it outside the court room, but from now on, you are Alyssa Parker, whether you like it or not." The judge stated harshly. I looked behind me at my mother. Her face seems paler than usual, like she wasn't alive. I hated to see her like this. I hated myself for making her feel like this. But I hated everything and everyone now, so I had no time to feel sorry for anyone, nor myself.

"Court is in hand!" The judge called as he slammed the desk board.

"We are here today of August 7, 2014 in order of Alyssa Parker's sentencing, for her action of robbing of Preston Central's Bank. One life was taken and three are in severe injury, due to Parker's actions. Jeq Klawq, what do you have to say for your injured daughter, Celia?" The judge said.

"My daughter is only 14 years old..." Jeq started.

"She never deserved a shot to the chest, no one does." He stated, his voice full of pity, tears prickling in his eyes.

"Therefore, the three other injured, and one murdered by Parker, should be taken into care and Parker should be killed-" Jeq complained.

"Do not state what should be done with Parker!" The judge said sternly.

"I'm sorry your honor." Jeq said. I glared at Jeq, but he didn't seem to notice. I hate him. I wish he could take the place of his daughter.

"Do you have anything to say for yourself?" The judge asked me.

"Yes. I plead not guilty for insanity!" I said loudly. Sure, I knew I wasn't insane, but that didn't mean anyone else did. At least I could get less time in prison for pleading. The judge went over some papers with my awful lawyer and other council members until the people sat down.

"Pleading insanity. I sentence Alyssa Parker, 5 years in ClarkSon prison for second-degree murder." The judge called out.

"Case closed!" he finished, as the security guards grabbed my cuffed arms, and pulled me out of the court room, as I saw of the faces of my loved ones, slowly dying. People are so rude. Why did they have to bring me here? I wouldn't be here right now if it wasn't for them. Screw life. Now I have to spend 5 years in a prison cell, with mixed genders. This is going to be a long 5 years.